Home

Need for Speed Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on Need for Speed Review (PS4/XB1) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-16-2016, 02:26 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Need for Speed Review (PS4/XB1)

I didn't have very high hopes for this game and I mistakingly let some online opinions deter me from getting this game when it was on sale a few weeks ago. Well, I went home and visited a friend and his impressions of the game led me to purchase it for myself. I have to say, I actually enjoy it quite a bit.

I own Project Cars, DriveClub, NFS Rivals, and now this game. I think it's a great step in the right direction for rebooting a series by taking it back to it's best roots with Underground 2/Most Wanted.

I'm having a blast modifying cars, despite some inaccuracies with certain parts/upgrades like RWD specific upgrades for FWD cars. I do dislike the weather situation and wish it had a daylight cycle, but overall it's fun.

Most Wanted had some pretty cheesy cutscenes too and I enjoyed that game.

Overall I'm glad I purchased it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2016, 01:09 PM   #26
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Glad to see that folks are enjoying it. The campaign is worth a run. I think it took me 30 hours to get the platinum and then there's the dlc stuff. I do hope the next DLC brings something new to the table, though. This honestly could've been an offline racer because the multiplayer in the game leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:51 PM   #27
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

The only negatives I really have to say about the game is the lack of manual transmission option and the soundtrack. Other than that this is definitely something to satisfy that nostalgia craving short of hooking up a PS2 and popping in NFS:U2.

There are times when I miss the Nissan 350Z and Audi TT quatro, but then I'm making new memories with the BRZ and Skyline. I'm posting some ridiculous drifting scores with the BRZ (sorry guys) and am still learning the ins and outs of that part of the gameplay. I might not go for this game as soon as I turn on my PS4, but once I get into the game its hard for me to turn off. I'll set a route to one of the main missions and then get sidetrack by events along the way there. Sometimes the AI drivers are morons, but so far the difficulty has been right where I want it to be.

OT: I completely forgot there were a handful of SUVs to flip over in Undgeround 2.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:14 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 10

Yep, I love this game. It's just... fun.

Seems between Drive Club, Project Cars, and this, I have all the bases covered when it comes to racing games. Good times, man.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:27 AM   #29

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

The last event in the Style track is nasty. I've been within 5 seconds of the last one or two checkpoints two or three times, but I just can't string together a perfect run over 7 minutes.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:10 AM   #30
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
The last event in the Style track is nasty. I've been within 5 seconds of the last one or two checkpoints two or three times, but I just can't string together a perfect run over 7 minutes.
Yeah, that one can be kind of tough. There's a style event in the DLC that looks even tougher. I only gave it one run, though.

The most difficult event in the game to me was MacDermid's Mile. Let me know what you think once you get to it.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:17 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

I am still playing this and enjoying it but it can be pretty tough if I drink any beer for some of the events..
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2016, 02:24 PM   #32

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

I'm at the end of the Style track, am 3/4s of the way through the Build track, and the other 3 I'm between 25%-50%.

So far the two toughest evens have been the final Gymkhana for the Style track and the build event where I had to drive somebody else's Porsche. Jumping into a strange car was weird.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »