Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-14-2016, 11:08 PM   #105
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
Russell said , "It would also mean during the year there wouldn't be any or as many new minor league/classic stadiums released. " Does this mean there will be more classic stadiums released throughout the year? Does it just refer to the previous old classic stadiums being in the game?
I wouldn't infer that at all. I think it just means that the resources allocated to stadium design in that given year/two-year span year would disbar any chance of providing any new stadiums. You could consider those resources to be men, memory, research, cost... you name it.

I don't think he was hinting toward anything like, "Well, we hypothesized beginning this project this year for the release of MLB '18, but that would cut out our ability to release those other classic/MiLB stadiums as DLC this year for you guys that we kept under wraps." That's definitely a long stretch, to say the least.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 11:22 PM   #106
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Just going to get this out the way because I know people are going to keep asking about it.

Create a stadium is a Galactus type task and we've discussed it's feasibility during the last two pre-production cycles. If we ever did it your talking about at least a two year project. Which would mean some of our artists, programmers, and designers would work for a whole year on something you wouldn't see for two years. Then some would complain and say we didn't do enough in the year you didn't get it. It would also mean during the year there wouldn't be any or as many new minor league/classic stadiums released.

We have a pretty good idea of the type of create-a-stadium feature the masses would enjoy. And we rarely put features out that we don't feel are up to our internal standards. We also must weight that enormous task with how many people would actually use it.

Also the "it was in MVP argument" is like comparing apples to an iphone 6. The asset size differences from a PS2 game to a PS4 game alone are enormous. Not to mention a smorgasbord of other technical hurdles.

Hope this helps everyone understand a bit more.
Thx for the response Russell. Given the fact that The Show has an incredible base game and that year to year features are limited.. Has your team thought about maybe skipping a year and having improvement patches along the way?
I personally play the game from drop until the new release and with the roster updates, the game never feels stale. Skipping a year would give your team a lot of time to really make eye opening changes versus the previous game.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:25 PM   #107
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vechi8
Thx for the response Russell. Given the fact that The Show has an incredible base game and that year to year features are limited.. Has your team thought about maybe skipping a year and having improvement patches along the way?
I personally play the game from drop until the new release and with the roster updates, the game never feels stale. Skipping a year would give your team a lot of time to really make eye opening changes versus the previous game.
Never going to happen.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:29 PM   #108
Banned

Beatles's Arena

OVR: 0

I hope ratings for aging stars like Pujols are realistic. That guy can't hit for avg anymore and is even worse with RISP. Seems like it's a HR or bust for him. Josh Hamilton looks like he doesn't even care about playing anymore. Plenty of other examples of once good players that do not deserve to be rated high. Hell, Pujols might be DH'ing until May after his surgery. Maybe never play 1st again.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:48 PM   #109
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Just going to get this out the way because I know people are going to keep asking about it.

Create a stadium is a Galactus type task and we've discussed it's feasibility during the last two pre-production cycles. If we ever did it your talking about at least a two year project. Which would mean some of our artists, programmers, and designers would work for a whole year on something you wouldn't see for two years. Then some would complain and say we didn't do enough in the year you didn't get the feature. It would also mean during the year there wouldn't be any or as many new minor league/classic stadiums released.

We have a pretty good idea of the type of create-a-stadium feature the masses would enjoy. And we rarely put features out that we don't feel are up to our internal standards. We also must weight that enormous task with how many people would actually use it.

Also the "it was in MVP argument" is like comparing apples to an iphone 6. The asset size differences from a PS2 game to a PS4 game alone are enormous. Not to mention a smorgasbord of other technical hurdles.

Hope this helps everyone understand a bit more.
What about the possibility of having pre-built stadiums rather than a stadium creater? Think ASB. They had like 10 pre built stadiums (for expansion mode), plus future stadiums in franchise mode. Madden also has this when relocating. Have you guys considered that?
Old 01-15-2016, 02:24 AM   #110
MVP

OVR: 31
I gotta say those were some pretty terrible questions being asked.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:38 AM   #111
Banned

OVR: 55

I just need career stat tracking in franchise mode and I'm good. That's like the one gaping hole in this game that makes me not want to play a franchise for multiple seasons. Been saying that for years already though, but so have many others on here. Please be in this year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2016, 06:27 AM   #112
Rookie

SHOWOFF's Arena

OVR: 0
guess i'll be gameflying........ this will be the 1st year i don't buy the show ............ sad

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »