Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-14-2016, 06:44 PM   #89
Rookie

einjzmolf's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

I really enjoyed collecting all of the equipment in 15. Not holding my breath but it'd be nice to know if that can be transferred.

Judging by the rosters being a no and them being purchasable via stubs (gotta generate new money with the new game) I'm certainly not expecting a yes. Would be nice though!
Old 01-14-2016, 06:45 PM   #90
Rookie

JustDoitt's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A on Twitter Reveals Some More Details - No Create a Stadium

I want to see more stat tracking for minor league players for years in minors. Also, track previous award winners for major and minor leagues. Finally, give us an single A ball club.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:47 PM   #91
MVP

forme95's Arena

I hope they apply a more realistic middle reliever management. Its amazing how many games I play, and go on and look at real mlb stats and see these same pitchers only going 1 inning, rarely 2 and watching in the game they go 2,3, even sometimes (but rarely) 4 innings.

MLB 23 FOREVER

Madden fun, but, will not buy another till its next gen only and they get rid of the extras (SS/XF, HFA, media, scenarios, game plan) or turn them down considerably.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 08:17 PM   #92
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeo89
I remember being able to create stadiums and expansion teams on PS3. I believe it was the MVP franchise? I don't understand how it can't be included in these next gen games? Its like the entire gaming industry took a giant step backwards as far as features go. Yeah the graphics are better but so what. Theres no meat to these games anymore. I buy this game every year but its only for the new rosters. I feel like I'm buying he same game every year. Really disappointing.
I assume you mean PS2. I played a lot of MVP. I don't remember if I could create teams and stadiums but I know you could in the ASB series. I am not sure why this option is not in modern games. Maybe the move to HD made it incredibly difficult to implement. Maybe they did research and found out that only like 3% of players actually use the feature and that it's not worth the time and effort.

I am actually more concerned about features leaving the game like rivalry mode. Now when my friends and I want to play a series, we have to keep simming until the teams we want to play against each other win. For instance, we now need to go to the playoff mode and select the 2 teams we want to play against each other and then we put the worst teams to fill out the bracket and sim until my AL team is playing against their NL team in the WS. Sometimes it takes like 10 tries and that's even after saving and exiting out and then loading it back up again. Very annoying to have to do. Not sure why rivalry mode had to be taken out. I wish there was just a straight WS championship mode where you picked 2 teams and that's it.

I will wait for all the announcements before I decide on getting 16 but I bought a PS4 over Black Friday and am playing MLB 15 on my PS3 and it's plagued by the pitchers face twitching/appearing, reappearing glitch and it's incredibly annoying to have to get used to so I will probably be buying 16 for PS4 just so I don't have to deal with that anymore.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:29 PM   #93
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeo89
I remember being able to create stadiums and expansion teams on PS3. I believe it was the MVP franchise? I don't understand how it can't be included in these next gen games? Its like the entire gaming industry took a giant step backwards as far as features go. Yeah the graphics are better but so what. Theres no meat to these games anymore. I buy this game every year but its only for the new rosters. I feel like I'm buying he same game every year. Really disappointing.
They've said before that they would like to give us create a stadium in the game but I think it's actually the MLB that tells them no.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:32 PM   #94
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
They've said before that they would like to give us create a stadium in the game but I think it's actually the MLB that tells them no.
I don't think the MLB has a problem with this.
I think it's just way, way too complex....the stadiums are done piece by piece with each part having the lighting...sun/shadows...etc done on each piece.
I just don't think there is anything in place that allows for even sections to put together in a program that can be used in game.

It was an unrealistic want IMO.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-14-2016, 08:47 PM   #95
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by einjzmolf
I really enjoyed collecting all of the equipment in 15. Not holding my breath but it'd be nice to know if that can be transferred.

Judging by the rosters being a no and them being purchasable via stubs (gotta generate new money with the new game) I'm certainly not expecting a yes. Would be nice though!

I just asked on twitter. The response was the RTTS equipment does not transfer over with your player from 15 to 16. Gotta earn it all over again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 08:56 PM   #96
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Can't wait for the fact sheet and those Dev twitch streams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »