Home

2015 Sports Game of the Year: Best Gameplay

This is a discussion on 2015 Sports Game of the Year: Best Gameplay within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-08-2016, 07:42 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semipro91
You might be confused with a different NBA title. 2K16 has some flaws but it is by far, the best Defensive Basketball game to date.
you might be right. Ive watched videos etc, and defense still breaks down consistently. especially the transition defense. if you can point me to some videos or tutorials on how to play defense. Id appreciate it.

I hate being hard on 2k. cause Im such a 2k fanboy.
Old 01-09-2016, 10:22 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
I don't like the gameplay of NBA 2K16, the shot stick control is 100 times worse than NBA 2K14 era. It's unresponsive, inaccurate and often does things that you don't want to see.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:45 AM   #11
Rookie

Badasi12b's Arena

OVR: 0
"NBA 2K16 is a game that is enriching both offline and online"
That comment right there! This is why I can't take 2k16 praise seriously! The game is overrated. Haven't played it online because I can't yet. But that's how I know noone has seriously played this game offline yet and reviewed it. I had to sale the game because unlike nba live 16 (which I bought after selling 2k16) the game borders on unplayable offline! The retail case needs a buyer beware warning saying ONLINE REQUIRED! The game literally doesn't save ANYTHING if you play offline! It's a glorified demo and everything is either limited or locked! The only thing available to play if you're offline is play now or blacktop. NO REVIEWS MENTION THIS! So misleading and dishonest. I may not ever buy another 2k again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2016, 03:52 AM   #12
Rookie

Badasi12b's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
I don't get the fascination with the NBA 2K Franchise. To me, the controls are clunky and confusing. The control scheme it'self seems like a confusing maze of button and stick combinations to navigate to get the player you're controlling to do the simplest maneuver. Even the game menus are confusing. I buy into the hype about every other year and pick the game up and every other year I play it a handful of times (maybe a half dozen 10-15 minutes play sessions) and never touch it again. I usually play the cpu and turn the game off before the first game is over...I let it sit then come back to it a couple weeks later and do the same thing over again. It could be that I just don't have the patience to learn the complex control scheme but it seems to me much of this game could be way more intuitive. And I'm talking everything from performing moves on the court to making substitutions in game.
I played three games of it before I decided to return it. I was only into the presentation.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:09 AM   #13
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: 2015 Sports Game of the Year: Best Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badasi12b
"NBA 2K16 is a game that is enriching both offline and online"
That comment right there! This is why I can't take 2k16 praise seriously! The game is overrated. Haven't played it online because I can't yet. But that's how I know noone has seriously played this game offline yet and reviewed it. I had to sale the game because unlike nba live 16 (which I bought after selling 2k16) the game borders on unplayable offline! The retail case needs a buyer beware warning saying ONLINE REQUIRED! The game literally doesn't save ANYTHING if you play offline! It's a glorified demo and everything is either limited or locked! The only thing available to play if you're offline is play now or blacktop. NO REVIEWS MENTION THIS! So misleading and dishonest. I may not ever buy another 2k again.
You have to let the game download and install first. All modes are available to you after that is complete, not sure what was going on with your copy.

I prefer 2K15 to 16, but 16 is still very good. I thought Madden deserved a spot in the Top 3.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-11-2016, 07:28 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5
2k16 best gameplay??? I want what y'all smoking smh
Old 01-11-2016, 08:21 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NELL86
2k16 best gameplay??? I want what y'all smoking smh
cosign... stop lieing to us...
the game is pretty and the presentation is top notch.
but again that defense.
I dont care what anyone says the defense does not work as intended........Ive watched tutorials, made adjustments. again, it doesnt work as intended.
Ive never rage quit this much in a 2k game. its Madden like
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 06:30 AM   #16
Rookie

I think 2k16 is better than the previous 4 installments but I get the complaints in the above posts. For the life of me I don't understand why 2K insists on making things that should be simple (play calling, and substitutions) more difficult. It's like they don't want you to touch the subs, just leave it on auto and let the cpu do everything for you. The game is much better online but it still isn't what I would call "stable." I will add that All-Star Team Up is my S%#&. Surprisingly, I have noticed less lag and fast-forwarding (Benny Hill S#$!) in team up than I have in online player vs player.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »