Home

Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Show 16

This is a discussion on Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Show 16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-18-2015, 01:22 PM   #121
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Sho

Thats great an all about classic stadiums being back and definitely about open and closed roof ballparks. But personally I would have much rather seen more ballparks for Spring Training and more MILB ballparks, even if fictional Id rather see those in the game.

I know the game will be great because it is each year, MLBTS has the best devs in the business so I have no doubts whatsoever we will have another tremendous game, but as of now wit money being a issue for my wife and I, I havent seen anything thats makes me think I should get my wife to buy the game for me this year, or atleast not in the beginning, possibly wait for a price drop, wich would be a 1st as I have bought day 1 sine 09.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2015, 01:39 PM   #122
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Sho

I just hope they bring back "True Wind" as I called it a few years back. Tired of playing at Wrigley and having Fly Balls being caught like cans of corn when the wind is blowing out at 25mph

Last edited by Lisac; 12-18-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:52 PM   #123
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

I am intrigued to see what the PBR (physically based rendering) can do for batting helmets, grass texture, clothing, other gear, etc..
Old 12-18-2015, 03:24 PM   #124
Rookie

Dynasty Legend 99's Arena

As the MLB THE SHOW 15 Season has ended, it's exciting to hear news about the new game so soon as this is much more news than we got from last year's announcement trailer.

Liking the Physical Based Rendering as well the Opened and Closed Roof's.

But BY FAR, the thing we all care about is the fact that the pitchers will finally get out of the way of the ball.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:53 PM   #125
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Developer Discusses New Features - IGN Video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I wonder if weather means more than just "rain," like cold or hot weather for instance. Would be cool to see Chase Field have a closed roof on much hotter days, especially because it doesn't rain there all that too often.
I wondered this at first as well. But knowing the dev team, they will implement it the way it needs to be. I have complete faith that the roofs will be closed as they would be in real life. Hot and cold weather will make a difference I would say.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2015, 03:59 PM   #126
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Sounds like some nice additions. Add me to the camp in favor of all things revamping franchise mode:

Manager hook for RP needs adjusting; RP pitch more than 1 inning too often.

Stats stats stats, and their integration into the game. Keeping details of previous years' stats.

AI call-ups based on performance, not just organizational injuries.

Player personality, morale, etc.

Add in the handful of CBA adjustments that are missing, such as playoff eligibility.

Expansion/Relocation mode.

Steals being credited on hit and runs and other box score inaccuracies.

I guess just more attention to detail in testing catching some of the simple fixes. This is what will keep this game above the 'greatness line' for a lot of folks here at OS.
My top wish out of this list is relief pitchers being pulled realistically. It drives me nuts to see middle relievers regularly pitching 3 and 4 innings. They almost always leave them in too long, leading to a big inning. Seems like they never take them out until you start scoring.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 12-18-2015, 04:57 PM   #127
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
My top wish out of this list is relief pitchers being pulled realistically. It drives me nuts to see middle relievers regularly pitching 3 and 4 innings. They almost always leave them in too long, leading to a big inning. Seems like they never take them out until you start scoring.
3 to 4 innings????? so the starter only last on an average of 5 innings in your games? I can't say I have ever experience that unless the reliever is absolutely dominating, but no more than 2 innings.

Last edited by ryanmc564; 12-18-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:21 PM   #128
MVP

dran1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
3 to 4 innings????? so the starter only last on an average of 5 innings in your games? I can't say I have ever experience that unless the reliever is absolutely dominating, but no more than 2 innings.
That happens a lot in extra inning games. But I have seen that on occasion but its normally when you swing at every thing and don't run the pitch count up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »