Home

Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Show 16

This is a discussion on Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Show 16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-18-2015, 12:33 AM   #113
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Sho

One thing I am hoping for that they said MIGHT be put in this year is import player into franchise option, I would love to start my franchise straight away for once and not spend a month trying to get it how I want it, that way if I wanna upgrade or fix anything BOOM import straight in
Old 12-18-2015, 03:11 AM   #114
Pro

Re: Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Sho

If Olympic Stadium was one of the Classic Stadiums I would've bet money that would have foreshadowed the Expos being in the game and a way you could relocate, so my hopes on a relocation ability in Franchise Mode are gone. No big deal tho. I wonder if that other mode is a Owner Mode, or even a Manager Mode where you start from Single-A or Double-A. I do also have a feeling we get full Single-A rosters this year which would be nice. Along with some of the slow-mo stuff, I would love to see "Splash hits" actually land in McCovey Cove
Old 12-18-2015, 09:05 AM   #115
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
San Diego, right field foul territory.

Well I'll be darn you are right.

Well I guess we can throw that idea out the window for now anyway.

Not a big deal really as MLB The Show really does not need MLB Networks help or name to have a really good TV Style Presentation. I just hope the Presentation will be greatly improved with or without MLB Networks help. NBA2K 16 has a very realistic TV Style Presentation and they do not use any real TV broadcast name or help.

I have all the confidence in the world that the MLB The Show development team can and will make the TV Style Presentation the best in any sports video game anyone has ever seen. But will it happen in 16,17,18,19 and so on is any ones guess. The sooner the better because I am not getting any younger lol

Last edited by tnixen; 12-18-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2015, 09:22 AM   #116
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Sounds like some nice additions. Add me to the camp in favor of all things revamping franchise mode:

Manager hook for RP needs adjusting; RP pitch more than 1 inning too often.

Stats stats stats, and their integration into the game. Keeping details of previous years' stats.

AI call-ups based on performance, not just organizational injuries.

Player personality, morale, etc.

Add in the handful of CBA adjustments that are missing, such as playoff eligibility.

Expansion/Relocation mode.

Steals being credited on hit and runs and other box score inaccuracies.

I guess just more attention to detail in testing catching some of the simple fixes. This is what will keep this game above the 'greatness line' for a lot of folks here at OS.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:28 AM   #117
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Sounds like some nice additions. Add me to the camp in favor of all things revamping franchise mode:

Manager hook for RP needs adjusting; RP pitch more than 1 inning too often.

Stats stats stats, and their integration into the game. Keeping details of previous years' stats.

AI call-ups based on performance, not just organizational injuries.

Player personality, morale, etc.

Add in the handful of CBA adjustments that are missing, such as playoff eligibility.

Expansion/Relocation mode.

Steals being credited on hit and runs and other box score inaccuracies.

I guess just more attention to detail in testing catching some of the simple fixes. This is what will keep this game above the 'greatness line' for a lot of folks here at OS.

Are you saying the base runner does not get credit for a stolen base if you swing and miss at the same time? Or are you saying the base runner gets credit for a stolen base even with the batter hitting the ball during the steel attempt?

Last edited by tnixen; 12-18-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:43 AM   #118
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Are you saying the base runner does not get credit for a stolen base if you swing and miss at the same time? Or are you saying the base runner gets credit for a stolen base even with the batter hitting the ball during the steel attempt?
The issue was with getting credit where credit was NOT due. In a hit and run that was put in play, the runner would get credit for a stolen base whether he ended up at 2B or 3B. After 162 games, you'd see guys like Victor Martinez with 8 stolen bases and oddities such as that.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:27 AM   #119
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
The issue was with getting credit where credit was NOT due. In a hit and run that was put in play, the runner would get credit for a stolen base whether he ended up at 2B or 3B. After 162 games, you'd see guys like Victor Martinez with 8 stolen bases and oddities such as that.
Ok that definitely needs to be fixed!
Old 12-18-2015, 01:15 PM   #120
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Some people here seem to not realize that and want it all now...indicative of this generation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »