Home

Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Show 16

This is a discussion on Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Show 16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-17-2015, 09:09 AM   #81
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Exactly we will go much deeper into PBR later in the cycle can't really do a deep dive in an 6 minute video. But it was only turned on in the dugout because "game development" and that trailer had to be finished a week before PSX. As I've said in the past our game visually will move along the same path as PS3 did where it took us about 4 years to reach visually maturity. I'm not saying it will be in year 4 where on PS4, nor am I saying it will happen in year 3 either. We simply don't have the time and resources to do everything in year 1 or year 2 for that matter. Every year is a new layer and this year it's PBR last year was Seasonal Sun/Shadows. Etc..... Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is The Show.
I think this is what most wanted or needed to hear. Thank you Ramone,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2015, 10:06 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Sho

I hope they have improved Forbes Field and Shibe Park. Sony's version of Forbes didn't have Greenberg Garden in left field and Shibe lacked the posts in the left field bleachers. The game also used to have Yankee Stadium II, Busch Stadium II, and Shea Stadium. It sure would be nice if we could play in those again.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:19 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by armymule
I hope they have improved Forbes Field and Shibe Park. Sony's version of Forbes didn't have Greenberg Garden in left field and Shibe lacked the posts in the left field bleachers. The game also used to have Yankee Stadium II, Busch Stadium II, and Shea Stadium. It sure would be nice if we could play in those again.
Well they did say that the stadiums shipping with the game are "free". Which kinda lead that there will be pay to play stadiums

twitch.tv/manny7788gaming

Partnered Twitch streamer that plays MLB.

Come say Hi!
Old 12-17-2015, 10:22 AM   #84
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
The game also used to have Yankee Stadium II, Busch Stadium II, and Shea Stadium. It sure would be nice if we could play in those again.
I second the recently retired stadiums, will those be back? Don't recall Busch II (unless it was in prior to '08) but the other two were HHH Metrodome (Twins) & Sun Life Stadium (NFL Dolphins/Florida Marlins). And with this next season being the Braves last in Turner Field, will it be a classic in '17?
Old 12-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #85
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
If the $40 price point is any indication, they are going to start weaning The Show off of the PS3.
It was just announced that over 2 years, the PlayStation 4 has outpaced the PlayStation 2 in sales. PlayStation 2 had one of the highest install bases in history, and that was partially based on the fact that it was a really cheap DVD player (in fact, it made no sense to buy a DVD player back then because you could buy a PS2).

Yeah, I think it's fair to say that PS3 is going to be ushered off ASAP. Plenty of players on the PS4 and I think after the tremendous and obviously extreme amount of work they've put into 16 I think the Devs could use a break from having to push out a PS3 version as well.

Seriously though, closed roof stadiums, hundreds of new animations, humanik, player tandem animations, two new modes, and so much focus on the Jays (at least for the trailer). Those facts alone are enough to make me pleased as punch.

But there is MORE coming?

Well done devs, well done. I've started a policy, trying to limit my pre-orders after getting burned in the past. I pre-ordered MLB 16 the Show. I'm pretty OK with that decision. Gonna be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2015, 11:44 AM   #86
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Guys I would not get your hopes up to high for more Classic Stadiums in the near future other then the returning 6 from the PS3 versions. And I think the reason is Money and Time. Sony I think already had the rights to those 6 returning classic stadiums so I'm thinking they did not have to pay for the rights again or perhaps very little? Also do you think Sony rebuilt from the ground up all 6 returning classic stadiums? My guess is no and instead they took what they have from the PS3 versions and greatly enhanced them to look on par or close to other PS4 stadiums. So because of money and the time it would take to build more classic stadiums is why the odds of getting more classic stadiums on the PS4 is highly unlikely,

Just be happy that we are getting back the 6 classic stadiums from the PS3 versions. Because it was not that long ago where even that was looking unlikely.

But hey what do I know I don't work for Sony so maybe what I think is totally wrong.

Last edited by tnixen; 12-17-2015 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:14 PM   #87
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
It has already been discussed that the Forbes Field was the 1910's version of the park, before Greenberg Garden. Shibe Park pillars were a legitimate error/omission. That said, these are all rebuilt versions for the PS4.

Also (and not directed at you army), this type of thing is what makes developing a baseball game so tough. No other sports game is looked at with such a fine tooth comb, when it comes to the playing surfaces and stadiums. Baseball parks are each so unique and have their specialized quirks, whereas all basketball courts, football/soccer fields, ice rinks, etc. are the same size. LOL, while we have to worry about the balls boys not sitting in the right spot (sorry tnixen lol), or vendors wearing the wrong color vests. For the most part SDS still tries to correct those non-authenticities.

YouTube

Old 12-17-2015, 01:34 PM   #88
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
It has already been discussed that the Forbes Field was the 1910's version of the park, before Greenberg Garden. Shibe Park pillars were a legitimate error/omission. That said, these are all rebuilt versions for the PS4.

Also (and not directed at you army), this type of thing is what makes developing a baseball game so tough. No other sports game is looked at with such a fine tooth comb, when it comes to the playing surfaces and stadiums. Baseball parks are each so unique and have their specialized quirks, whereas all basketball courts, football/soccer fields, ice rinks, etc. are the same size. LOL, while we have to worry about the balls boys not sitting in the right spot (sorry tnixen lol), or vendors wearing the wrong color vests. For the most part SDS still tries to correct those non-authenticities.

Are you saying all 6 classic stadiums were rebuilt from the ground up for PS4? Also nothing to be sorry about lol I admit I am very picky about even the smallest details. Heck I am still a little disappointed that there is still no Rosen bag on the pitchers mound in real time. That must be a very difficult thing to add for whatever reason. Although MLB2K had it but I know different game and has nothing to do with The Show.

Last edited by tnixen; 12-17-2015 at 01:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »