Home

Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Show 16

This is a discussion on Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Show 16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-16-2015, 09:30 PM   #65
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Sho

Already pre-ordered the digital copy. Open/Closed Roofs, new animations.. Nice!!

Can't wait to hear more from the game!

Last edited by Peter_OS; 12-16-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2015, 10:07 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Details on Classic Stadiums, Open/Closed Roofs, Animations & More For MLB The Sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I'm curious about this.

Ramone said it was ONLY turned on for the home dugout but nothing else. I wonder what the field looks like and whether it will be more crisp? What about the stands and even outfield walls?

Physically based rendering involves the way light bounces, reflects or otherwise interacts with objects in the game world. Each object is given different characteristics such as reflectivity, opacity, absorption, diffusion and refractivity. This is part of the reason why next-gen games like Star Wars Battlefront look so good. It's one of the key differences between last-gen and this gen, and its absence in MLB The Show is why some people think it looks last-gen still, in my opinion.

Where I think it would really shine is in tandem with the time of day settings. As the sun moves through the sky and sets, objects will look more realistic under the different lighting conditions.

I don't know how far they are going to take it, but in theory it means that the outfield walls would look more like the material they are made out of, and light will interact with them more realistically.

So it really depends on how far they push it. All Ramone said is that it wasn't turned on throughout the entire trailer.

Last edited by Spokker; 12-16-2015 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:11 PM   #67
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
Physically based rendering involves the way light bounces, reflects or otherwise interacts with objects in the game world. Each object is given different characteristics such as reflectivity, opacity, absorption, diffusion and refractivity. This is part of the reason why games like Star Wars Battlefront look so good.

Where I think it would really shine is in tandem with the time of day settings. As the sun moves through the sky and sets, objective will look more realistic under the different lighting conditions.

I don't know how far they are going to take it, but in theory it means that the outfield walls would look more like the material they are made out of, and light will interact with them more realistically.

So it really depends on how far they push it. All Ramone said is that it wasn't turned on throughout the entire trailer.
This new technology should make the Green Monster at Fenway Park look much better for example
Old 12-16-2015, 10:18 PM   #68
Pro

Stolm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
Physically based rendering involves the way light bounces, reflects or otherwise interacts with objects in the game world. Each object is given different characteristics such as reflectivity, opacity, absorption, diffusion and refractivity. This is part of the reason why next-gen games like Star Wars Battlefront look so good. It's one of the key differences between last-gen and this gen, and its absence in MLB The Show is why some people think it looks last-gen still, in my opinion.

Where I think it would really shine is in tandem with the time of day settings. As the sun moves through the sky and sets, objective will look more realistic under the different lighting conditions.

I wonder if you will only notice these details if you are very close or zooming in with the free roam camera. I notice lots of details fade out (especially the grass on the field).

Seems to be from lack of Anisotropic Filtering. I notice it a ton when fielding in RTTS. When looking around a certain distance from your player, the field becomes very muddy looking.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:22 PM   #69
Rookie

wilb626's Arena

OVR: 4

Crossing my fingers that they announce the comeback of Sounds of The Show. Here's to hoping they found a way with the PS4 USB media player!!!
Old 12-16-2015, 10:30 PM   #70
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
I wonder if you will only notice these details if you are very close or zooming in with the free roam camera. I notice lots of details fade out (especially the grass on the field).

Seems to be from lack of Anisotropic Filtering. I notice it a ton when fielding in RTTS. When looking around a certain distance from your player, the field becomes very muddy looking.
Good thing I have Google...

So is the feature just for lighting purposes and textures? I was kindly hoping for a brighter shade of grass so the field doesn't look, as the above poster said, muddy.

Last edited by Speedy; 12-16-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:34 PM   #71
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB The Show 16 Developer Discusses New Features - IGN Video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I LOVE that classic stadiums have returned!
I hope they add on to them each year.
Thank you!!!

I'm also very happy to see that closed roofs have made it in for those that have been asking for this.

Lastly.....I'm dying to know what that other new mode is.
Hoping that dev blog is soon!

Looking great.

M.K.
Knight165
Was hoping to see the Dome, among others, but it's a step in the right direction anyways. Excited for March regardless!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2015, 10:37 PM   #72
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
The grass is a given. I think they do a good job of blending the detailed grass with the flat grass.

The LOD settings in the Show don't seem that aggressive. I usually see one change in shadows and crowd detail during home run replays. I've seen worse in games.

Quote:
This seems to be a common problem on consoles.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ing-on-console

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »