Home

MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2015, 07:42 PM   #249
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

Sounds like they may need to prioritize better then.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:46 PM   #250
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Our team is 75 people there's is around 160 I last I heard.
So more then double the size well that definitely explains things.

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:46 PM   #251
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I would like to point out two things and then I'll let those these ideas go against, bash me and criticize me for "defending the game"

1) They have less than a year to make each new game. Everything takes time and resources. The idea is to build upon themselves year after year and do things right.

2) Changing the player models isn't as simple as changing the player models. Changing the player models requires them to then recapture every single batting animation, pitching animation, and overall gameplay animation.

Sorry for the interruption, I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

I hear what you're saying, but all other sports titles have made a significant graphical jump on next gen consoles. If not the 1st year like NBA2k than the 2nd like madden and the rest. This game is also a PS exclusive so it should look a lot better than what we have now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 07:49 PM   #252
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
I hear what you're saying, but all other sports titles have made a significant graphical jump on next gen consoles. If not the 1st year like NBA2k than the 2nd like madden and the rest. This game is also a PS exclusive so it should look a lot better than what we have now..

Did you see Russell_SCEA comments above?

For a team of only 75 I think it is amazing that they can put out such a great baseball game every year.

Last edited by tnixen; 12-15-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #253
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Remember though to be fear the NBA2K team is way bigger from what I have heard. So they can get the things that need to be done much quicker.

Like so many of us here there are so many features, improvements and bug fixes that we want in the game RIGHT NOW not next year or the year after that. But I have finally realized I need to be patient. Sony is the only game company even making a MLB game so I am grateful to them that we get a brand new version every year. Each new version of MLB The Show is better then the one before adding some very nice improvements with each version. I will always keep asking for the features and improvements I want the most even if it takes years and years to finally get them included. I mean what other options are there as far as baseball gaming is concerned? Luckily at least for me anyway I think MLB 15 The Show is a fantastic game already and as each of my most wanted features and improvements get added to the game the happier I will be
I feel like you can only be patient for so long though, it's gonna be like 7 years or something with basically the same player models, and 3 years now on next gen, i was expecting new player models first year next gen, but then i realized, maybe i should practise some patience and hopefully within the next couple years it'll happen, but still nothing. Ultimately, i'm just going to have to keep practising patience anyways because there's nothing i can do, except post on this message board and hope the SCEA team sees the outcry for new player models and feel inclined to do something drastic about it.

I definitely agree with the part about MLB the show being fantastic, regardless of all the negative sounding posts I make about this game, it's by far my favourite game and the only game i play literally year round, 12 months. Which is why it's starting to disappoint me that not enough meaningful improvements are being made, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Our team is 75 people there's is around 160 I last I heard.
I understand this, but it just baffles me that basically everyone would agree that the Show had the best graphics on ps3 regardless of team size. But now on next gen, the graphics are arguably the worst (arguably). What changed? It didn't seem like the size of SCEA team was hindering any developmental performance and game improvements previous gen.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:09 PM   #254
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Did you see Russell_SCEA comments above?

For a team of only 75 I think it is amazing that they can put out such a great baseball game every year.

Ok... so in other words be happy with what you get. I don't deny that it's a great game, I buy it every year. I think on the PS3 this game was easily the best looking sports games and by year 3 I thought it was going to be a big jump again on the ps4. This game at times still looks similar to the PS3 version.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:34 PM   #255
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

I think the time to make a significant change was the beginning of the gen, which is what 2K did but IIRC 2K14 was pretty barebones feature-wise compared to MLB 14 (I believe all the modes on PS3 were included in PS4). I remember we had some discussions on whether it was worth it to keep supporting the PS3 version, and after keeping up with NPD results since the gen started, at this point I think it is safe to assume that the PS3 has been on life support in the US (this game's primary market) since the PS4 came out. So was it the right idea to continue to support the PS3 version of the game past year 1, if it all? I personally have no idea since I don't have access to the financials or if it was possibly mandated by SCE. Would be interesting to find out for sure, I had a feeling the PS3 wouldn't have legs but not to this extent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 08:43 PM   #256
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
1) The same thing every major sports game has to deal with, nothing new here, same things they've dealt with for the past 10 years.

2) Something that needs to be done regardless of how difficult it may seem. Other games have done it, NBA 2k14 did it, first year on next gen.

If you want to say The Show just isn't up to par with other sports games in these areas, that's one thing, but don't try to make excuses for them.
Not making any excuses, just pointing out facts.

Look, I'm all for upgrading player models and whatever else can make the game better. The difference between myself and some others is that I don't go around claiming the dev team is lazy, stupid, lacks passion, needs to prioritize better, etc....etc....

I understand that this team has limitations based on a number of factors, most notably being they are half the size of most, if not all, other sports titles.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 12-15-2015 at 08:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »