Home

MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2015, 12:50 PM   #241

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

Models are okay-ish, except for the heftier guys who just look like regular dudes with pillows under their jerseys. Pablo, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 01:04 PM   #242
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
I don't understand the whole "political correctness thing" this game gets on this forum. Like the second anyone says anything negative 4 or 5 people feel the need to respond to essentially discredit any negative viewpoint of the game. Like if someone criticizes the game, they have no idea what they are talking about, or are crazy, or have an agenda. But the people defending the game are "mature" and know inside secrets, they "hold the truth"

They are still using assets in the ps4 game from the PS3 game. They "built the stadiums from scratch" for the ps4, but used the same graphics and assets. It's inexcusable some of these stadiums the graphics they are using on the ps4. 1 year acceptable, 2 years, ok, not great but year 3, were still playing in PS3 stadiums? Why did I go out and buy this expensive console if a game made by Sony going to keep releasing PS3 games every year?
This I also wonder about sometimes.

All the PS4 stadiums were built from scratch but why are most of them using the same graphics and assets from the PS3 version which in a lot of cases were not very accurate in the first place. My only guess is the Sony team sometimes has a hard time getting accurate photos of the real stadiums which is why they had to re use a lot of the same in accurate graphics and assets from the PS3 version . It would be great if all the MLB Teams could just send updated photos to Sony. That would make things easier for them instead of having to search the internet or asking us here at OS for help. Of course I am more then happy to help out the Sony team with any info on stadiums they may need But I can only help so much. It would be so easy for every MLB team to take pictures and send them to Sony.

I guess MLB teams have much more important things to worry about then sending updated stadium pictures to Sony to help make MLB The Show better

Last edited by tnixen; 12-15-2015 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:18 PM   #243
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I would like to point out two things and then I'll let those these ideas go against, bash me and criticize me for "defending the game"

1) They have less than a year to make each new game. Everything takes time and resources. The idea is to build upon themselves year after year and do things right.

2) Changing the player models isn't as simple as changing the player models. Changing the player models requires them to then recapture every single batting animation, pitching animation, and overall gameplay animation.

Sorry for the interruption, I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-15-2015, 05:51 PM   #244
Banned

Re: Josh Donaldson is the cover athlete for MLB 16 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauerMorneau09
By the looks of it, I think relocation and stadium creator MIGHT be in.
Are these in?
Old 12-15-2015, 05:57 PM   #245
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I would like to point out two things and then I'll let those these ideas go against, bash me and criticize me for "defending the game"

1) They have less than a year to make each new game. Everything takes time and resources. The idea is to build upon themselves year after year and do things right.

2) Changing the player models isn't as simple as changing the player models. Changing the player models requires them to then recapture every single batting animation, pitching animation, and overall gameplay animation.

Sorry for the interruption, I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

1) The same thing every major sports game has to deal with, nothing new here, same things they've dealt with for the past 10 years.

2) Something that needs to be done regardless of how difficult it may seem. Other games have done it, NBA 2k14 did it, first year on next gen.

If you want to say The Show just isn't up to par with other sports games in these areas, that's one thing, but don't try to make excuses for them.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 06:05 PM   #246

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Josh Donaldson is the cover athlete for MLB 16 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaker14
Are these in?
I highly doubt it.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #247
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
1) The same thing every major sports game has to deal with, nothing new here, same things they've dealt with for the past 10 years.

2) Something that needs to be done regardless of how difficult it may seem. Other games have done it, NBA 2k14 did it, first year on next gen.

If you want to say The Show just isn't up to par with other sports games in these areas, that's one thing, but don't try to make excuses for them.
Remember though to be fear the NBA2K team is way bigger from what I have heard. So they can get the things that need to be done much quicker.

Like so many of us here there are so many features, improvements and bug fixes that we want in the game RIGHT NOW not next year or the year after that. But I have finally realized I need to be patient. Sony is the only game company even making a MLB game so I am grateful to them that we get a brand new version every year. Each new version of MLB The Show is better then the one before adding some very nice improvements with each version. I will always keep asking for the features and improvements I want the most even if it takes years and years to finally get them included. I mean what other options are there as far as baseball gaming is concerned? Luckily at least for me anyway I think MLB 15 The Show is a fantastic game already and as each of my most wanted features and improvements get added to the game the happier I will be

Last edited by tnixen; 12-15-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:03 PM   #248
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Remember though to be fear the NBA2K team is way bigger from what I have heard. So they can get the things that need to be done much quicker.
Our team is 75 people there's is around 160 last I heard.

Last edited by Russell_SCEA; 12-15-2015 at 08:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »