Home

MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-08-2015, 11:57 PM   #201
Rookie

mikelecrenski's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

Is the Vita version really out this year? Not going to lie will be crushed if that is the case...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 12:20 AM   #202
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

This will be a first day purchase for me if the commentary receives a major overhaul, it's beyond atrocious. Every single game they say the same thing and the best is when Matt V says "sorry to interrupt" to his own line when the inning ends! lol
Old 12-09-2015, 12:22 AM   #203
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Excited to see what's new for '16 in the coming months, still having a blast playing '15.

I saw someone mention retractable roofs - if those really are in, it just goes to show that some improvements take years to fully implement and that just because we don't hear about those improvements for a bit doesn't mean they aren't being worked on. Remember that this Dev team never does anything half baked, and if a feature isn't ready for release it isn't included. As far as player models go (since that seems like a hot topic at the moment), I think one improvement from last year that is severely underrated is the body fitting accessories because clipping is such an immersion breaker. I think I am at the point with the graphics that I would rather see small improvements that make the game feel less "video-gamey", addressing things like clipping, wonky animations, etc. with the big one for me being the CAP generator that basically spits out caricatures. The amount of time I've spent editing drafted players to even minimally resemble humans is rediculous lol
Old 12-09-2015, 01:40 AM   #204
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Your actually completely wrong in your assumptions.
Wait. So, Ramone, are you saying we're all wrong about retractable roofs being in as well?
Old 12-09-2015, 07:02 AM   #205
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Wait. So, Ramone, are you saying we're all wrong about retractable roofs being in as well?
Sounds like he was responding to the context of the post rather than that specific detail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 09:07 AM   #206
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Sounds like he was responding to the context of the post rather than that specific detail.
Yeah, I took it as him basically saying that users who constantly b***h and complain on an internet forum/message board aren't the driving force that gets them as a development team to make changes.

And I have to believe that is true. Does anyone honestly think that the reason they decide to allocate resources and time to updating things is just because a few dozen people on Operation Sports and other message boards state things like "if the roof can't be closed in Toronto, Seattle, and Houston, I'm not buying the game" or "if the stripe on the Twins pants isn't correct, I'm not buying the game" ? As if they otherwise would have little desire to work on things like that?

How far we've come from "Baseball" on Atari 2600, "RBI Baseball" on NES, "World Series Baseball" on SNES and Genesis, and even the original MLB series on PS1. Yet there are always some folks who will never be satisfied, and believe their own personal preferences are THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE". To each their own.

I'm just really, really glad that the only baseball game we get is a really, really good one.

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 12-09-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:27 AM   #207
MVP

forme95's Arena

Im sorry, for me personally, a missing stripe, or a shoelace tied the wrong way isnt going to stop me from buying a game. That is just to nitpicky in my opinion. Half the time, I am so immursed in the game I couldnt even tell you what uniform I played my last game in let alone tell you if I noticed it was missing a stripe.

MLB 23 FOREVER

Madden fun, but, will not buy another till its next gen only and they get rid of the extras (SS/XF, HFA, media, scenarios, game plan) or turn them down considerably.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 12-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #208
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm excited for the game. Every year has an improvement and advancement in the game.

As we progress further into the ps4 and they move away from trying to keep feature parity with the ps4 I'm assuming a bigger inprovement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »