Home

Dear Sports Media: Real Steph Curry Would Beat Video Game Steph Curry

This is a discussion on Dear Sports Media: Real Steph Curry Would Beat Video Game Steph Curry within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-08-2015, 04:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
The real Steph Curry is basically zig zag cheese and step back 3 cheese and any other 2K bug we have seen over the last few years. With the exception 2K fixed the bugs in the game, no one can fix this in real life. Dude is insane, and tearing up the entire basketball universe.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:38 PM   #10
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Dear Sports Media: Real Steph Curry Would Beat Video Game Steph Curry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBAB23
The real Steph Curry is basically zig zag cheese and step back 3 cheese and any other 2K bug we have seen over the last few years. With the exception 2K fixed the bugs in the game, no one can fix this in real life. Dude is insane, and tearing up the entire basketball universe.
This is why the 45 threads about 2k16 being broken and people using Curry's shooting as reasoning were pointless. There's no way to replicate the stuff steph does in real life without ruining game balance.

Not even to mention this dude takes some of the most atrocious shots I've ever seen a guy take....and he drains them. For a game that wants to promote Sim play, you're telling the programming that a shot inside a certain radius around the defense is a "bad" shot. You're not contesting curry unless you're literally in his t shirt In real life.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 12-08-2015, 05:30 PM   #11
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

I think his insane offensive run is why they need to add a tier above gold for the badges. Steph having a "platinum" badge for many of his skills would help in further seperating his above elite shooting and scoring ability, right now.

Also, as unfair as it may be current Steph Curry deserves all A or A+ ratings in all shooting categories except for in the post. He's truly on an incredible tear that we haven't seen (for a perimeter scorer) since MJ or LeBron in their physical & mental prime. And neither of those two can touch Steph from the outside.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 05:52 PM   #12
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
This is why the 45 threads about 2k16 being broken and people using Curry's shooting as reasoning were pointless. There's no way to replicate the stuff steph does in real life without ruining game balance.

Not even to mention this dude takes some of the most atrocious shots I've ever seen a guy take....and he drains them. For a game that wants to promote Sim play, you're telling the programming that a shot inside a certain radius around the defense is a "bad" shot. You're not contesting curry unless you're literally in his t shirt In real life.
Steph Curry is a videogame anomaly due to his real life performance. If 2K Sports "matched" the videogame version to his real life counterpart, then there would be no stopping him. I could see someone jacking 20+ 3's a game with him just because they can.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:39 PM   #13
Banned

2ks shot grade system is terrible IMO. The shots curry takes in real life will result in bad grades and ultimately sure misses. IMO the shot grade should not grade everyone the same but whatever.

Over the years they made it where guys like LeBron and Kobe could dunk on entire teams, but when we get a player like Curry they want to say he can only hit 3s in a certain manner, but not the manner he does in real life. I don't think 2k dev's understand basketball as good as they lead ppl to believe. Something is wrong when a simple open pull up off the dribble with good shooters is graded a D. Guys can't hit step backs and the slightest contest results in a sure miss because of the shot grade system. IMO, the game is a joke and not to played or looked at as a true sim...

They released a game with pgs blocking dunk's. Great graphics tho lol.

Last edited by MadManCometh; 12-08-2015 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:09 PM   #14
MVP

Seriously, I really want you all to sit here and think about if they decided to make Steph make the junk he throws up in real life. Can you even imagine the screams for a patch because everyone picking the Warriors or using Steph in MyTeam would be jacking about 40+ threes, most contested, and dropping them like crazy.

Be careful what y'all wish for, because you just might not like the result.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:53 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Not even to mention this dude takes some of the most atrocious shots I've ever seen a guy take....and he drains them.
If they're high percentage shots relative to the NBA average then you can't call them "atrocious" shots. Yeah, they would be for anyone else but for him they're just very makeable. That's one of the things that makes Curry special. When Kobe was making those shots (and they weren't really the same because he wasn't speeding down the court and stopping on a dime to pop a 3, he was just taking stand-still jumpshots) in his prime, they were bad shots because Kobe often took a ton of shots on bad efficiency, and for every one of those miracle shots he made, he missed a ton. Whereas with Curry, those aren't miracle shots for him because he makes them on a routine basis and he often gets 40 on less than 20 shots. One could argue that it's actually less exciting watching Curry make those shots than it was for Kobe because for Curry it's so routine, nothing he does comes as a surprise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 08:00 PM   #16
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
If they're high percentage shots relative to the NBA average then you can't call them "atrocious" shots. Yeah, they would be for anyone else but for him they're just very makeable. That's one of the things that makes Curry special. When Kobe was making those shots (and they weren't really the same because he wasn't speeding down the court and stopping on a dime to pop a 3, he was just taking stand-still jumpshots) in his prime, they were bad shots because Kobe often took a ton of shots on bad efficiency, and for every one of those miracle shots he made, he missed a ton. Whereas with Curry, those aren't miracle shots for him because he makes them on a routine basis and he often gets 40 on less than 20 shots. One could argue that it's actually less exciting watching Curry make those shots than it was for Kobe because for Curry it's so routine, nothing he does comes as a surprise.
I'll be the first to say most of Kobe's shot selection is bad too.

Hit or miss, A shot in a guy's face off a step back is not the look I want my offense taking. A shot 9 seconds into the shot clock, off the dribble, full speed pull up is a bad shot. I get that hitting them makes the kid special, but to say that those are even close to quality because they dropped is inssne from any sort of fundamental aspect. Hitting a shot, even if it's a multitude of them the same way, doesn't make them good shots.

It makes Curry amazing, and I'll never argue that. Kid is playing out of his mind, and he's so locked in I'm pretty positive he could get the ball off the in bound, throw it backwards over his head from full court and bury it. Wouldn't make it a quality shot, though

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »