Home

MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-07-2015, 08:24 AM   #153
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 16 The Show Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
And here I thought I had everyone fooled.

I would think that, regardless of my views of hitting mechanics in video games, it would have been a safe bet to assume that I was never a professional hitter...lol.
I hope you realize two of my above three posts were entirely massive jokes.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-07-2015, 08:36 AM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 4
Not excited about anything so far. Graphics and player models do not look improved. Hopefully the franchise mode will get some love. We need stats!!! Maybe they don't understand what we mean by that
Old 12-07-2015, 08:50 AM   #155
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

Man does this series need new player models and animations.
At a quick glance, it's like you're watching an HD version of MLB08.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2015, 09:15 AM   #156
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 16 The Show Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I hope you realize two of my above three posts were entirely massive jokes.
No worries, my meter was working fine.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:56 AM   #157
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

Maybe it's me, but I don't see a difference. Please don't jump all over me, but player models, throws, etc. all look the same. If they don't fix the fielder animations, especially outfielders, I'll be upset. I guess I'm spoiled with 2K graphics, cuz I don't see a big difference.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:46 AM   #158
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
So sad the Vita version is done, but anyone that's followed Sony's stance on its own hardware shouldn't have been surprised this was coming.

I still play 12, 13, 14 and 15 with current and classic rosters, so I've got enough to tide me over, and I can still use Remote Play at home, I suppose.

Cross-saves was a life-saver for me and enabled me to play deeper into Franchise/Season modes with all of my travel for work. Not sure how that will work for me now that I'm restricted to just the PS4 version.
What I'll miss the most is the cross-save. My four year old doesn't let me sit in my office and play PS4, but she has no problem with me playing something on my Vita. So I'll sit on the couch and play The Show. I was able to cruise through my RTTS this way.

Remote play doesn't work well in my house because my PS4 isn't wired (yet) and its really hit or miss depending on who is home and what they're streaming from.

Sad day indeed.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:33 AM   #159
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Man does this series need new player models and animations.
At a quick glance, it's like you're watching an HD version of MLB08.
Yep new player models and animations would put this game over the top!

I know nothing is ever going to be perfect but o man when MLB The Show gets new player models along with much improved animations specially running the bases animations MLB The Show would be the king of all sports games!!

But someone here made a great point in saying he thinks maybe the reason we have not gotten new player models is because of how much detail goes into building all the stadiums. Perhaps the PS4 is already limited by it's spces. I guess we need the PS5 already

Last edited by tnixen; 12-07-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:06 PM   #160
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Hey, I'd love to see improved faces and models as well, but there's two important things to remember here. First, this is pre-beta footage and we have no idea how far along they are in development. There are still plenty of features to be introduced that we don't even know about yet, revamped visuals could be one of them.

Second (and more important), these trailers are sometimes spliced together using existing assets, which is very important when it comes to breaking down/analyzing footage. The bottom line is we won't know whether player faces/models are improved or not until we get confirmation from SDS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »