Home

MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-06-2015, 11:08 AM   #121
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
I am incredibly sad there's no Vita version. Was a staple of my Vita library.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
Here's all I need... please don't cut off support of MLB 15: The Show upload to cloud feature.

But then again, I don't quite think that's how the franchise thing works. I think you can import files from previous versions, but I'm not certain you can upload files from future versions.

This is a sad time, indeed.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2015, 11:43 AM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

Give us the option to play with fictional players please...just like ncaa fb did years ago.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:59 AM   #123
MVP

tnixen's Arena

I noticed something in the beginning of the video where it shows the closed roof. If you look closely at the crowd it looks like the lighting is changing. Maybe it means the roof will actually animate and open and close in realtime? I was thinking when they finally added open and closed roofs you would just select it at the settings menu and when the game launches the roof would already be opened or closed. But maybe we actually get to the roof actually opening or closing?

On second thought I think I am wrong I think it is just the granny video that makes it look like the lighting is changing lol O well sorry about that.

Last edited by tnixen; 12-06-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:48 PM   #124
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Small thing but I like that they added the base runners speed rating! It could come in handy when deciding to get that extra base or not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12341186.jpg (114.0 KB, 277 views)

Last edited by tnixen; 12-06-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:14 PM   #125
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Didn't the team say they would be working on adding more stats for 16 during one of those live streams they did for 15?
I think I recall this. But priorities can change, I usually take statements like that with a grain of salt. Not saying it won't happen, but someone saying something more than a year out may not mean much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2015, 02:13 PM   #126
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Small thing but I like that they added the base runners speed rating! It could come in handy when deciding to get that extra base or not.
Yeah, sometimes I pause during baserunning to look at the speed rating and remind myself of whether I should send the runner home.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:26 PM   #127
All Star

I may skip this years game for the first time in years. MLB 14 was the first time where I felt like the game didn't really get any better in fact in some ways it got worse besides the graphics going from ps3 to ps4 but even then it wasn't that big of a jump. MLB 15 I thought over all improved a lot from 14 but even still this game is now lacking big time in 2 things.

1. Graphics- Last gen the game had the best graphics in a sport game by far. Now the game is while behind NBA 2k, NHL and also behind madden. Like another people have said the player models need to be improved big time and from looking at this trailer it looks like the game is not going to real look much different then the past few years.

2. Franchise mode- There is just not a lot to do and still not having things like ticket prices back in the game that they took out sever years ago is pathetic and lack of stats. Hopefully they can build on the radio show thing from last year and maybe even make it into more of like a highlight show. Maybe this will be improved this year but we don't know yet and I remember something came out last year saying franchise mode was going to be changed a lot only for it to be almost the same has past years.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #128
MVP

forme95's Arena

I hope they improve (like the video showed) the ball at the pitcher. Gets beaned and is fine to continue and throws for a out like routine

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »