Home

MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete - Ships 3.29.16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-05-2015, 05:50 PM   #81
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 16 The Show Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yep, that's exactly who this feature appears to be geared towards. Not us.

And I can hear the "why are they wasting resources on THIS"? complaints starting already.
For sure the complaints well be plenty, I'll admit my first reaction to it was "no, who wanted this other than brandon phillips "(I believe it was him who suggested it back in mlb14) but it might some perks to it to be useful, it sounds like at least with the batting they are trying to give you more control on where you put the ball in play.

Edit: also I'll will add this was also most likely put in play due to many complaining about the game feeling stale and relatively remaining unchanged for many years.

Last edited by ryanmc564; 12-05-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2015, 05:52 PM   #82
Pro

Stolm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
ShowTime will be the first thing I disable in the options menu, but I can see it being a great feature for people who love video games more than they do baseball (and let's face it, there are plenty out there who do).
"You can also expect a more streamlined Road To the Show experience, as a new paradigm for base-running and fielding opportunities will maximize the time you spend in situations that matter. "

More Streamlining, and more Arcadey gameplay.

This is a trend now.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:02 PM   #83
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
They really need to make the running and fielding animations more organic. The players have such a stiff feel to them
Old 12-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #84
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
They really need to make the running and fielding animations more organic. The players have such a stiff feel to them
The running and fielding animations never bothered me but the pitching always did. The majority of motions do have a stiff and unnatural feel. From what I can see, there appears to be no change. That "other (foreign league) game" hits it right on the nose.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:16 PM   #85
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Amazed how so many are quick to judge anything based on a minute and a half pre-beta gameplay trailer.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Meh, every year, the first trailer comes out, then people judge/complain about certain things, then certain people remind everyone not to judge so quickly because it's still early....

And then the game comes out, and the same things people complained about are still evident.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2015, 06:30 PM   #86
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Meh, every year, the first trailer comes out, then people judge/complain about certain things, then certain people remind everyone not to judge so quickly because it's still early....

And then the game comes out, and the same things people complained about are still evident.
Sadly there is a lot of truth to your statement, but being a yearly release game, it is too be expected that there isnt huge leaps from one year to another. That's why I've always been a proponent to sports games going on a every other year development cycle. It gives them way more time to focus on particular areas that would take more than 10 months to develop. So many already claim that most sports game are merely a schedule and roster update from year to year, so why not skip a year in between releases and add a patch for a updated roster and the next year schedule and possibly some other patch fixes or updates for a low price (just to make money from the off year) that way you get a more polished and advance game from the previous years.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:35 PM   #87
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Would of been great to hear gary thorne open up the trailer with welcome to mlb the show 16 along with new player models. Oh well, it was wishful thinking. At least we get sounds of the show this year right?
Old 12-05-2015, 06:37 PM   #88
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB The Show 16 Trailer, Josh Donaldson is the Cover Athlete

GUYS! I don't think you noticed, so I made some illustrations on this screenshot to draw your eye to the biggest thing to happen to The Show after the Chick-fil-A Dalmatian.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (172.4 KB, 343 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »