Home

MLB 15 The Show: A Look Back At What Worked and What Didn't

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: A Look Back At What Worked and What Didn't within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-08-2015, 05:43 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 15 The Show: A Look Back At What Worked and What Didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
The fact that "discovery" is just creating new players on the fly instead of actually discovering unknown talent or going to different regions to try to find talent is a turn off for me.
What is the practical/relevant difference between the two? If you don't know the player exists, does it matter if he does? Having a pool of hidden players you have to discover agreeably makes more sense in concept, but in practice, you don't notice, and it works out to the same result.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:23 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
What is the practical/relevant difference between the two? If you don't know the player exists, does it matter if he does? Having a pool of hidden players you have to discover agreeably makes more sense in concept, but in practice, you don't notice, and it works out to the same result.

IMO, not really.

Hidden players can develop and change on their own. They aren't just static rolled-up players on the fly. After discovery, they still can change. You have to keep re-scouting them to keep up with those changes, etc.

Sometimes, they might not be discovered. There's no risk of that with discovery just creating players on the fly. The only "undiscovered" talents are ones that the dice don't generate.

The players are basically designed to your specifications. I basically can pick what kinds of players I "discover", putting in the pool player types I need. If I just send a scout to see what another nation's players look like - what I find is based on what's there at the moment.

Last edited by KBLover; 11-11-2015 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:36 PM   #51
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Online stability improved drastically over 14 but the commentary once again continues to be the worst area of presentation for this game.

Every year i turn off commentary and would like to have a mlb the show game where i can can leave it on and enjoy a great overall presentation of a baseball game. Wishful thinking... i hope harold reynolds and gary thorne have already been recording broadcast commentary for mlb the show 16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2015, 10:33 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
Online stability improved drastically over 14 but the commentary once again continues to be the worst area of presentation for this game.

Every year i turn off commentary and would like to have a mlb the show game where i can can leave it on and enjoy a great overall presentation of a baseball game. Wishful thinking... i hope harold reynolds and gary thorne have already been recording broadcast commentary for mlb the show 16.
People rip the commentary all the time, I actually think it's pretty good, content-wise. The thing about it, for me, and this feels weird to nitpick, but I just don't like how any of their voices sound. I grew up on Ernie Harwell, Paul Carey, Harry Carey, George Kell, and then later, guys like Jon Miller, Gary Throne and Dan Shulman. Compared to those guys Vasgersian might as well be Beth Mowins.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:53 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 21

If you leave Matt on just by himself it is tolerable because then you pretty much get the Play by Play only for the most part. The color area is where the issues lay I think since it is hard not to be repetitive over the course of a few games/season.

I sort of wish they would just dump color guys and go with an enhanced play by play.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #54
Rookie

elfdutch's Arena

OVR: 0

Commentary really needs a total overhaul. Too repetitive and not enough changed since ages ago (and i have played every edition way back to the ps2 but then again i guess most of you did)

I also bought the mlb2k games in the past.
It was a very very unfinished game, but the commentary really stood out.
It was excellent.
Let's face it. MLB the show needs competition.
They copied a lot of stuff from mlb2k. Like the show live, the pickoff system, the gesture pitching (be in in a slightly different way)

But since the game still give me a lot of fun each year i'll continue to support and buy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »