Home

MLB 15 The Show: A Look Back At What Worked and What Didn't

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: A Look Back At What Worked and What Didn't within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-03-2015, 12:46 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: A Look Back At What Worked and What Didn't

I'm still loving and playing this game. It's funny but it gets better the more you go deep in franchise lol.

Just a few new addition needed if possible.

1. A small college baseball mode.

2.Tv style logo like the YES network.

3. Players happiness and trade demands.

4. Live in season battling and pitching practices.

5. And the ability to add or removed facial hair. ( non edible players)

Last edited by DmaXmius101; 11-03-2015 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:59 PM   #10
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Would love to see to presentation improve but I would love to see better player models as they seem kind of limited now. Also animations could be cleaned up especially with the batters and many inconsistent animations at the plate when they are checking their swings. It looks very unnatural and jarring at times and it is a shame that Pro Yakyuu Spirits does a better job at nailing this.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #11
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I can understand that.

I play auto fielding and manual throwing and it was the best playing Show as far as OF play and IF play I have seen. So it worked on different levels.

Manual fielding though IMO was vastly improved upon than past versions. It did not have that over clunky feeling like in years past and I felt more in control. With great OF's the animation would lock in easier and quicker where as a weak fielder you had little room for error in lining up a ball. It was not perfect, still needs some refinement, but I still feel fielding overall was improved from years past where it was almost totally canned.

Totally, the manual fielding felt great the best of all in the series, for me it was just unfortunate that it happen to result in a lot of errors. I didn't even consider having manual throwing on, that was one of my hang ups switching to auto on fielding because I felt too uninvolved, but I will say I saw way more cool animations playing with fielding on auto than I ever had playing it on manual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 01:43 PM   #12
Rookie

radney's Arena

I wish that there was a way to impliment updated rosters into your current season/franchise mode. It sucks to have to start all over just to play with the newest roster files. I would like to see this across the board in all sports games.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #13
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
Totally, the manual fielding felt great the best of all in the series, for me it was just unfortunate that it happen to result in a lot of errors. I didn't even consider having manual throwing on, that was one of my hang ups switching to auto on fielding because I felt too uninvolved, but I will say I saw way more cool animations playing with fielding on auto than I ever had playing it on manual.
Yes my friend. Turn on manual throwing and you will fee far more involved! Pre-load like in manual fielding. It's a blast. And Auto Fielding does make it more ratings based (dice roll) and the animations are gorgeous.
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-03-2015, 02:27 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 3
Absence of stat tracking is inexcusable in this Gen. It was last Gen even.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:49 PM   #15
Rookie

Aside from the blatantly obvious needed change in commentary and presentation, I've compiled a list of things (more or less smaller things) to add/change in MLB 16:

1. New Brands:
-New Balance
-Easton
-EvoShield

2. Add more pieces of equipment per brand.

3. Allow starting pitchers to be used in relief when all relievers have been used.

4. Add the possibility to get "Create-a-player" cards with different tiers in Diamond Dynasty packs. These tiers give the user a certain overall you can train that player up to. (i.e. Bronze 69-77, Silver 78-84, Gold 85-92, Diamond 93-99)

5. Add option to wear different types of socks for day and night games. (Ex: David Wright wears high socks during day games, but pants during night games.)

6. Get the license to add real minor league players.

7. For fake players, too many of them look like unnatural baseball players. Too many of them wear turtlenecks, low socks, have no or only one batting glove, etc. Many of these players are also very small in height, especially for their positions. (i.e. 5'10" first basemen)

8. Add ability to change editable position players to pitchers and vice versa. (Ex: If I create a player as a SS, allow me to change that player to a pitcher if desired after creating him.)

9. Bring back the classic stadiums for PS4. Their cards are useless if the stadiums aren't playable.

10. Bring back Sounds of the Show for PS4. (Personalized walk-up music, chants, etc)

11. Add ability to play in standard game views for fielding in RTTS (Medium, High, Broadcast, Dynamic)

12. Bring back RTTS goals and coach signs. It provides a much more realistic feel as a singular player.

13. Add checkmark boxes for secondary positions instead of giving preset positions. (For example, being a 3B and wanting to play 1B, 2B, and RF as secondaries)

14. When a player returns from an injury in Franchise, add the option to place them on the roster where they were before their injury. (Instead of auto-utilizing them back into the lineup and screwing up your entire lineup order.)

15. Add the ability to scan your face into the game.

16. Make scenery outside the stadium more realistic.

17. Add rehab stints for injured players.

18. Bring back King of the Diamond.

19. Don't remove any players from the game when adding new ones in, keep them off the 40-man roster on the teams they play for and place them on the AAA affiliate of that team. (Multiple players were taken out of the game to make room for new players. Their cards are still available for purchase in the community market, so make them available to play with.)

20. Add a trade option to Diamond Dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsMania15
Aside from the blatantly obvious needed change in commentary and presentation, I've compiled a list of things (more or less smaller things) to add/change in MLB 16:

1. New Brands:
-New Balance
-Easton
-EvoShield

2. Add more pieces of equipment per brand.

3. Allow starting pitchers to be used in relief when all relievers have been used.

4. Add the possibility to get "Create-a-player" cards with different tiers in Diamond Dynasty packs. These tiers give the user a certain overall you can train that player up to. (i.e. Bronze 69-77, Silver 78-84, Gold 85-92, Diamond 93-99)

5. Add option to wear different types of socks for day and night games. (Ex: David Wright wears high socks during day games, but pants during night games.)

6. Get the license to add real minor league players.

7. For fake players, too many of them look like unnatural baseball players. Too many of them wear turtlenecks, low socks, have no or only one batting glove, etc. Many of these players are also very small in height, especially for their positions. (i.e. 5'10" first basemen)

8. Add ability to change editable position players to pitchers and vice versa. (Ex: If I create a player as a SS, allow me to change that player to a pitcher if desired after creating him.)

9. Bring back the classic stadiums for PS4. Their cards are useless if the stadiums aren't playable.

10. Bring back Sounds of the Show for PS4. (Personalized walk-up music, chants, etc)

11. Add ability to play in standard game views for fielding in RTTS (Medium, High, Broadcast, Dynamic)

12. Bring back RTTS goals and coach signs. It provides a much more realistic feel as a singular player.

13. Add checkmark boxes for secondary positions instead of giving preset positions. (For example, being a 3B and wanting to play 1B, 2B, and RF as secondaries)

14. When a player returns from an injury in Franchise, add the option to place them on the roster where they were before their injury. (Instead of auto-utilizing them back into the lineup and screwing up your entire lineup order.)

15. Add the ability to scan your face into the game.

16. Make scenery outside the stadium more realistic.

17. Add rehab stints for injured players.

18. Bring back King of the Diamond.

19. Don't remove any players from the game when adding new ones in, keep them off the 40-man roster on the teams they play for and place them on the AAA affiliate of that team. (Multiple players were taken out of the game to make room for new players. Their cards are still available for purchase in the community market, so make them available to play with.)

20. Add a trade option to Diamond Dynasty.
Umm there is no license for this. There is no MILBPA. So they can't use their rights.

And for 10 please go call Sony...that's there issue not the Shows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »