Home

NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-02-2015, 10:37 PM   #105
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Strangely, 2k4 was the superior game

I prefer 2K5 as an overall game, but I definitely noticed that 2K4 has better qb ai. For some odd reason in 2K5 the qbs are in a hurry to throw the football(no matter who the qb is, 3 seconds max) even when they have time in the pocket, or often throw into double/triple coverage...which the announcers will then mention. Scrambling qbs take off more in 2K4 too, which I like.

As much as I love 2K5, I understand why some prefer 2K4, it's a bad flaw in an otherwise great game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 08:47 AM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
I prefer 2K5 as an overall game, but I definitely noticed that 2K4 has better qb ai. For some odd reason in 2K5 the qbs are in a hurry to throw the football(no matter who the qb is, 3 seconds max) even when they have time in the pocket, or often throw into double/triple coverage...which the announcers will then mention. Scrambling qbs take off more in 2K4 too, which I like.

As much as I love 2K5, I understand why some prefer 2K4, it's a bad flaw in an otherwise great game.
I think 2K4 is a nice change from 2K5 and went under the radar for many of us because 2K5 was the newer choice and all of the mods out there made it the choice for the community.

Now that we have a NEW 2K4 editor, we have a new option and there's plenty of work being done by the community. All new updates are coming from here since KingJavo was banned from OS.

Rosters here

Editor here
Old 07-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 0

Might be time for me to throw this back in my XB360. Can't Play it on my PS2 any longer
Old 09-05-2015, 09:57 AM   #108
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Lent my brother my HDMI cable so I've been without my PS3 the last week or so. Decided to break out the original XBOX and with NFL season coming up, decided on NFL 2K5 over MVP.

This game is still the boss. Not without its flaws, but what game doesn't have them? I can seem to swallow them easier then on "the other game." It's weird, I can jump right in to this 11 year old game, having only played it a handful of times over the years, and come out with a fun game that produces realistic results and gives me a challenge without feeling like the CPU is getting an unfair boost.

The presentation still makes me all giddy. So well done.

I remember promising myself I would never give up my XBOX or a copy of this game until the exclusive deal expired. Well, looks like this one is never going to be resurrected, so it must live on in its current form. Not a bad compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 09-06-2015, 11:05 AM   #109
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Being that I'm and offline franchise mode player, M16 is shelved for the time being, I've been clocking huge time on my pc with madden 08, which I love. I decided to fire this back up, loaded up an old franchise file with the 1994 roster, and was immediately immersed into the game.

Completely forgot about the custom Stadium music, it was just flat out fun.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #110
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Lent my brother my HDMI cable so I've been without my PS3 the last week or so. Decided to break out the original XBOX and with NFL season coming up, decided on NFL 2K5 over MVP.

This game is still the boss. Not without its flaws, but what game doesn't have them? I can seem to swallow them easier then on "the other game." It's weird, I can jump right in to this 11 year old game, having only played it a handful of times over the years, and come out with a fun game that produces realistic results and gives me a challenge without feeling like the CPU is getting an unfair boost.

The presentation still makes me all giddy. So well done.

I remember promising myself I would never give up my XBOX or a copy of this game until the exclusive deal expired. Well, looks like this one is never going to be resurrected, so it must live on in its current form. Not a bad compromise.

Finished a season in about a month. Already two games in to my next season (5th overall). Missed the playoffs at 9-7 after starting 7-3. Including giving up a score in the last minute in the last game of season where I would've qualified for the playoffs with a W. That was a tough pill to swallow.

I'm seriously so impressed with this game a decade plus later. Throwing back to another favorite of mine: MVP. I love MVP 05, but it's dated and it's clear. This game still looks beautiful two console generations later and some of the animations are so realistic. I love throwing those jump balls in one on one coverage, you can get some great interactions that way.

I've got to get an HDMI cable this week with a 24-hr gaming marathon next weekend for variety, but I haven't really missed my more updated games and system.

This game still delivers fun, realism, and a challenge. Not only one of the greatest football games all around, but one of the best games PERIOD. Sports games typically don't age well; I find myself enjoying this game more as time passes. And that is incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 10-30-2015, 03:30 PM   #111
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Being that I'm and offline franchise mode player, M16 is shelved for the time being, I've been clocking huge time on my pc with madden 08, which I love. I decided to fire this back up, loaded up an old franchise file with the 1994 roster, and was immediately immersed into the game.

Completely forgot about the custom Stadium music, it was just flat out fun.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Just wanted to chime in a little with some empathy! I loved Madden 08, first console football game I ever really loved.

I loved it so much that over the summer, away from my console, I played Madden 07 on the Dolphin emulator and had an absolute blast. Played a Superstar career mode, just one season (time didn't permit more) and enjoyed that immensely. FS for the Dolphins, led the team to a Super Bowl and won SB MVP thanks to a Sack-FF-FR TD of 73 yards and a big later on to keep the Vikings off the board on that drive.

Great times, glad someone else remembers Madden 08 as fondly as I do!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2015, 08:12 AM   #112
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

I don't get the Madden talk in this thread. Isn't there a nostalgic Madden thread?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »