Home

NBA 2K16: Pro-Am is Here, And It Was Worth the Wait

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Pro-Am is Here, And It Was Worth the Wait within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-23-2015, 02:59 PM   #129
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
We should have a bench? I disagree. The point of this mode is to play with our custom characters. If a guy fouls out or grade drops too low there needs to be a consequence. They shouldn't be able to stay in the game with another player.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

Yeah, I disagree. I would much rather the person I am playing against be a user and if he fouls out still be a user but have to use a lower overall player. That's a consequence to me. Instead, he fouls out, his CPU highly rated player is still in the game lol. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense since hell most likely play better than the user. So it's not really rewarding me.

I can careless about the grade thing if I am on the opposing team. Obviously he's messing up for the other team. And why should he get kicked for performing bad? The consequence is he's hurting his team lol.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 10-23-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:44 PM   #130
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NBA 2K16: Pro-Am is Here, And It Was Worth the Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Yeah, I disagree. I would much rather the person I am playing against be a user and if he fouls out still be a user but have to use a lower overall player. That's a consequence to me. Instead, he fouls out, his CPU highly rated player is still in the game lol. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense since hell most likely play better than the user. So it's not really rewarding me.

I can careless about the grade thing if I am on the opposing team. Obviously he's messing up for the other team. And why should he get kicked for performing bad? The consequence is he's hurting his team lol.
If they don't kick guys you can get situations where guys keep fouling on purpose or intentionally sabotage the team.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:56 PM   #131
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
If they don't kick guys you can get situations where guys keep fouling on purpose or intentionally sabotage the team.

If someone keeps intentionally fouling, then yes, kick them. Or if someone is idle, kick them. How common is it for someone to keep fouling anyways? This rarely even happens in regular online modes. You also get situations where some people legitimately foul out especially as a big man. And you shouldn't be kicked just because someone is playing bad at the moment or etc.

Most of the time, these players will know each other. So I believe that'll be rare for someone to sabotage the team. If they did, that's a lesson learned for that team or player. Maybe leave it for the walkons, but more than likely, most people are playing w/ friends. This wasn't how it went in the past and there weren't constant issues like this at all that I can remember.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 10-23-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 08:26 PM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Just played Pro-Am. Mannn, this game mode needs ALOT of work. It's like a barebones 2K11 Crew Mode. Besides better customization.

- Commentary is a must have. With it would make the game a lot more immersive and exciting. It's just mad bland.

- We need bench players. I liked the old way with having a NBA roster. But if 2K would like to settle w/ generic players, put them on the bench. I kind of get if someone fouls out they get kicked, but I am sure a lot of players would much rather still play that user than the CPU. So let the user stay in the game but he has to be subbed out for a generic player or a NBA player which I liked more.

- You should be able to pick positions before the game. Like it was before
It's silly the CPU is at PG or SG. Just let us pick our positions. It'll make things so much easier. How they were talking, I thought they put WORK into this mode after all those years.

Honestly, I can go on and on with this list. Just go back to 2K10-11 and copy a lot of that setup and we can build from there. This is basically a step back.
Yeah I agree with you. Pro-am is like a poor mans version of 2k10-11 crew. I keep thinking one of these years they will actually create a mode that rivals the old crew mode but it just never seems to happen.

It looks to me like pro-am was just thrown in at the last second. Its no wonder why it was completely broken on release. If their ever going to create a truely great online NBA style experience again with our myplayers then they need to focus and work on it all year long instead of it just being an afterthought at the last second and something they just throw in to say its in there.

The whole setup and style of the original crew mode was a very good foundation that they should go back and look at. What we have now with pro-am is still inferior to what they had 5-6 yrs ago with crew which is hard to believe. Of course over that time street ball and virtual currency has been 2ks primary focus for the online so its not too suprising it is what it is.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:54 PM   #133
Pro

ProAm is great to me, just need Home and Away jerseys also commentary. I feel like if all the players on the other team quit the game should automatically end
Old 10-24-2015, 12:35 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 7

Yeah, it's alright I suppose. Wish I knew more people who played online though. The last couple of sessions I've played with ball hogs who just chucked up whatever shots he wanted. One guy literally went 3-18 and another guy went 5-23. I'm quite the opposite, I don't force and always look for open teammates. I got an A+ grade and went 7-7 on field goals, finishing with 23 points. Kind of frustrating but this is my first year of online play so I'm sure it won't be the first instances and certainly not the last. Really enjoying it otherwise though, quick and seamless every time I've jumped in to play.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:28 AM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 2
Does anybody squad up in this mode?? Playing as a walk-on with no mics is frustrating as hell. Nobody passes and everything is a one-on-one or a jacked up three. I average about 19 points and 12 boards. Unfortunately all of my points come off of put backs because nobody passes the damn ball to big men. Hit me up and lets ball!! PSN ID is KingAmar on PS4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 06:19 AM   #136
Just started!

Guys! Do You know any ProAm League running on PS4 platform? BTW. are You intrested in sth like that? Maybe You have links for ProAm tournaments?
Regards

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »