Home

The Best Strategies for Draft Champions in Madden 16

This is a discussion on The Best Strategies for Draft Champions in Madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-18-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The Best Strategies for Draft Champions in Madden 16

Draft Champions is the best mode in Madden 16.

Even with the long-awaited release of the Connected Franchise patch, there's a good chance that Madden's new mode is still going to get the most use for the time being. And why not? The more Madden releases flashback players like Clinton Portis and Chris Johnson, the more enticing it will be to me.

However, if you've been playing Draft Champions enough, there's a good chance you have come across people who are trying to game the system. Even in a mode that almost ensures a fair playing field for every match, Herman Moore will still play the slot and abuse your 72-rated cornerback on a deep ball because your opponent is not in the good sportsmanship business.

Read More- The Best Strategies for Draft Champions in Madden 16
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 04:56 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
I draft with this priority in mind: 3 CB's, 1 FS, 1 SS, 1 MLB, 1QB, 2 WR's, 1 RB, 1 TE...and with all the remaining picks you fill in offensive and defensive lineman.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:14 PM   #3
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Best Strategies for Draft Champions in Madden 16

The positions that make the most impact IMO:

QB- Being able to get the ball off under pressure is crucial. It's easier to throw to a silver WR than a Silver QB throwing to a elite WR.

OL: Having players you can run behind makes those short yardages easier. Also allowing time for the routes to develop.

MLB: I like to user my MLB, so I'm going for the fastest MLB that pops up (Kendricks, Bowman, Luke, etc)

CB: I like to go with players like Rhodes, Verner, Sherman, Mccourty basically well rounded DBs with height. I'd rather not worry about getting beat by streaks every play.

DL: Ever have to go against Blount, Lynch, Morris, Lacy, etc in H2H or CPU. Yeah. Not fun when lineman don't get off blocks.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:28 PM   #4
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

I take defense first and foremost. For offense my priority is QB, O Line, HB, WR, TE
Old 09-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
The positions that make the most impact IMO:

QB- Being able to get the ball off under pressure is crucial. It's easier to throw to a silver WR than a Silver QB throwing to a elite WR.

OL: Having players you can run behind makes those short yardages easier. Also allowing time for the routes to develop.

MLB: I like to user my MLB, so I'm going for the fastest MLB that pops up (Kendricks, Bowman, Luke, etc)

CB: I like to go with players like Rhodes, Verner, Sherman, Mccourty basically well rounded DBs with height. I'd rather not worry about getting beat by streaks every play.

DL: Ever have to go against Blount, Lynch, Morris, Lacy, etc in H2H or CPU. Yeah. Not fun when lineman don't get off blocks.
Odd, I usually get 2 or 3 elite qbs per draft.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #6
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Having exclusively played APF2K8 for a few years, I love the concept of Draft Champions. There are countless ways to approach this whether it be building around scheme or personnel and the best part is there is never one, end-all, be-all dominate team.

I generally focus on positions that can't be masked. You can mask average LBs with great DL. You can offset a weak short-yardage passing game with a good run game & deep threat WRs. You can marginalize sub-par RB talent with screens, dump-offs, etc. It really is a chess match. Sometimes, I just take the cards that I'm dealt and run with it. For example, if I manage to get a terrible QB (Sanchez), I can offset him by making him a distributor in my scheme - as opposed to my point man - and protect him with good OL, strong run game and short-to-medium passes.

I have found that if you have a terrible OL/DL it will destroy any foundation you're trying to build.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:02 AM   #7
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleZ_3
Odd, I usually get 2 or 3 elite qbs per draft.

I just get the first elite QB i can or Matty Ice. That guy is nice.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2015, 11:05 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
I just get the first elite QB i can or Matty Ice. That guy is nice.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Matty ice is money in draft champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »