Home

Operation Sports is Going to NBA 2K (Gameplay impressions on 9/11)

This is a discussion on Operation Sports is Going to NBA 2K (Gameplay impressions on 9/11) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 09:29 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'm surprised no one has yet to ask about online play this year. Can you please ask if there will be online lobbies rather than quick play and random match making? Also. Are the servers vastly improved to minimize lag? Lastly, can we view the opponents w-l record prior to starting the game? To many times I start the game only to find out their record is awful and it becomes a waste of my time. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2015, 09:31 PM   #66
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Re: Operation Sports is Going to NBA 2K

Is shot fatigue back in this year?
Old 09-06-2015, 09:34 PM   #67
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

-Have we've been given any freedom in regards to assigning team colors 1 and 2 for each uniform, headbands and colors, shoe colors, sock colors?

-Is the dunk contest and 3 point shootout accessible outside of MyLeague/MyGM?

-What difficulty setting was the game tuned on?

-Does the foot planting tech do away with most of the foot on the line 2's? Or do players at least consistently spot up behind the line?

A couple questions I saw that I want to reiterate..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny315
Can we create alternate jerseys for myleague/myGM when we rebrand instead having just home/away jerseys
-Specifically can we just create new alternates using the same design scheme the team currently uses? Or do we always have to create a new template? Say I want to just take the current Knicks unis and make them black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saro1
Can we edit or create staff?
-To elaborate, can we create assistants that aren't in the game within MyLeague? Say a team fires their coach and promotes their assistant, I'd want that next assistant to be a real coach as well. Are there real coaches in the FA pool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Curious if AI subbing is affected by the gameplay changes made by OG and Czar. Or if AI subbing has been touched on at all in general?
-I'm very alarmed reading that one comment saying OG said the logic wasn't touched. Maybe I'm just in denial at this point but does that include minutes not matching up to what was assigned in the rotation screen due to the starters playing the entire 4th quarter???
This leaves me confused too as to what they meant (at this point can't remember if it was Leftos, Czar or OG that said it) when they said throughout the season you'll see different guys step up and get minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny315
Are there more different voices to choose in mycareer
-The question all the white guys feel bad about asking.. but yes. Taken even a step further, may be a 2k17 wish at this point, but different personality types might be better. (Humble, Confident, Competitor, etc)

I feel bad that I don't have alot of gameplay questions, I think I'm still just trying to digest the incredible strides OG and Czar made. I would definitely love to see how CPU's run fast breaks though.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 09-06-2015, 09:43 PM   #68
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
My question:
  1. Is AI time-awareness better this year in handling special situations like two-for-one situations, end-of-quarter substitutions, overtime and responses to in-game injuries?
My concern stems from the fact that substitution and roster logic was not touched this year. There were some moments when I would be in a game situation and be saying: "WTF did the ai do there?"

Thanks for fielding questions for your field trip this year.

Edit:

In the SimNation Hangout interview, ScottOG said substitution logic was not touched this year.... which led me to my concern and question above.

Yeah I did notice he mentioned that but I felt he was a little distracted on his answer haha......going for confirmation more than anything.....
Old 09-06-2015, 09:45 PM   #69
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Also, OG implemented a GREAT new feature about best player match up assignments (Butler now guards LeBron etc.)

Further to this, I'd like to know if LeBron gets subbed BACK IN to the game, are we triggered to bring Butler back in?

Long shot, but it can make a BIG difference if LeBron gets 3 or 4 possessions before Butler gets back onto the court....... and I'd like to be triggered at the same dead ball rather than waste a time out......
Old 09-06-2015, 09:52 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0
i concern the zig zag cheese will still happen when player vs player(pro am/rec/park) . Can the sliders fix this problem or need a patch to fix it?
Old 09-06-2015, 09:57 PM   #71
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Also (this is an answer for any potential questions) - didn't want to create a new thread just to inform this;

Inbounds plays HAVE been worked on. Czar told me this on Twitter - he just ran out of time and space on his blog.

Further to this, plays with "0.2" in the play name are for last second patterns (i.e; catch and shoot). I am sure it's for more than 0.2 but this is just a name thing more than anything (from what I could gather).

He said there is some "ruff stuff" still in there but he did get some "NICE ACTIONS" from the new stuff.

In case anyone asks, I figure they'll see this answer on this thread.

Apologies if this is not where it should have been posted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2015, 10:04 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0
EVERYONE QUOTE so we'll have our answer to this frequently asked question

IN MYPLAYER/MYCAREER- CAN WE Change body types? Like for instance,

Body type 1- fat or husky for centers or PF
Body type 2- muscular like lebron or dwight howard
Body type 3- skinny like the greek freak or kevin durant,basically lanky
ETC.....

Please if youv'e read this QOUTE it or post in your own words lots of people would love to know the answer THANK YOU
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »