Home

Operation Sports is Going to NBA 2K (Gameplay impressions on 9/11)

This is a discussion on Operation Sports is Going to NBA 2K (Gameplay impressions on 9/11) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 08:31 PM   #57
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Ok sorry if any of these have been doubled up;

Curious if AI subbing is affected by the gameplay changes made by OG and Czar. Or if AI subbing has been touched on at all in general?

Also if rim and dunk sounds were touched on at all.......?

TNT license? (This is a long shot haha) but we may have had a presentation blog by then.

And finally, will the PC version (well, all versions really.....) be available for pre-download? 50gb in Australia takes over a day and it would KILL me to have to wait until the 26th because we merely haven't been given the ability for pre-download......

THANKS SO MUCH!
Old 09-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #58
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Operation Sports is Going to NBA 2K

My question:
  1. Is AI time-awareness better this year in handling special situations like two-for-one situations, end-of-quarter substitutions, overtime and responses to in-game injuries?
My concern stems from the fact that substitution and roster logic was not touched this year. There were some moments when I would be in a game situation and be saying: "WTF did the ai do there?"

Thanks for fielding questions for your field trip this year.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Ok sorry if any of these have been doubled up;

Curious if AI subbing is affected by the gameplay changes made by OG and Czar. Or if AI subbing has been touched on at all in general?
In the SimNation Hangout interview, ScottOG said substitution logic was not touched this year.... which led me to my concern and question above.

Last edited by Taer; 09-06-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:38 PM   #59
Mid-Range Mamba

iceberg760's Arena

OVR: 7
no question/a comment....WOW, OS is going all out with the 2k Info this year---Definitely LOVING it..Everybody has a vice/Crack, Christ, whatever...mines is 2k/Operation Sports---thank you Gents!!!
Old 09-06-2015, 08:50 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0
I want to here from the guy in charge of shoes,player models and so on!!!!Have the classic player models been upgraded?please!!!!!!!!! it's difficult playing with them when they look nothing like themselves,and with all these great teams that have been added,you have to show the models some love!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2015, 08:56 PM   #61
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

In the Pro-Am video we saw a full bench are these computer controlled players or can you have more then 5 user to a team as bench players.

Last edited by coolcras7; 09-06-2015 at 09:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2015, 09:05 PM   #62
Pro

SkillzFromThe6's Arena

Is "The Stage" gone or has it returned?
Old 09-06-2015, 09:09 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
My question:
  1. Is AI time-awareness better this year in handling special situations like two-for-one situations, end-of-quarter substitutions, overtime and responses to in-game injuries?
My concern stems from the fact that substitution and roster logic was not touched this year. There were some moments when I would be in a game situation and be saying: "WTF did the ai do there?"

Thanks for fielding questions for your field trip this year.

Edit:

In the SimNation Hangout interview, ScottOG said substitution logic was not touched this year.... which led me to my concern and question above.

Dang that's messed up. It seems like they have the tools in place for sim substitution logic. Such as the tab for bench use and the tab for performance. But it seemed like no matter what, the AI will always put his starting 5 back in the early part of 4th quarter (like at the 11:00minute mark) Even if they were tired or if someone off the bench was having a good game.

Maybe you can ask and get some kind of insight into this.mwould love to see the CPU "not" sub back in one of his starters that picks up 2 fouls early in the 1st quarter to put him back in with a minute left in the 1st quarter.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:19 PM   #64
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I am a complete noob to the NBA 2k series, honestly to basketball as a whole. I have not watched a game since Jordan was on the court, the first time, and I have been playing College Hoops since 2k8. I have been following the info for 16 and I must say this is shaping up, in my opinion, to be a genre shaping game. I see this as being the game that people say formed a generation and I am very excited to be a part of it.

In anticipation for 16 I thought I would mess around with 15. I never could get it installed to play. I am not bashing so please don't get all defensive. Some great guys on in the 2K forum really tried to help, just couldn't get it to work and I just gave up.

So my question is. Are the install issues that a lot of people went thru last year resolved or is this a potential issue for this year as well?
Also will the loading not freeze at 99% every time in myLeague?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »