Home

Madden Should Have Expanded OTP, Not Eliminated It

This is a discussion on Madden Should Have Expanded OTP, Not Eliminated It within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2015, 11:17 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden Should Have Expanded OTP, Not Eliminated It

As I said in our staff's recent Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 roundtable, I'm fundamentally opposed to the multi-button, meter-based kicking mechanics that games like PES and FIFA have employed for over a decade. But despite not liking either of those titles' core gameplay, I've still found myself firing up lots of FIFA on the new consoles, primarily due to its well-made cooperative multiplayer modes. Whenever I'm playing Pro Clubs or Two vs. Two Online Seasons alongside my pals -- instead of being isolated against a single friend in a personal grudge match -- the gameplay frustrations that'd normally stop me from having fun with FIFA just drip off the side of my skull before they can ever reach my brain, like condensation coming off a cold bottle.

Read More - Madden Should Have Expanded OTP, Not Eliminated It
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 11:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
OTP is fantastic however it's just not practical with madden. if NFL street returned (preferably street 2 I still play that game today) I could see a team play in game like that as it's much more suited to handle multiple people. I was pumped when madden announced team play yet probably only played about 20 games throughout the years Due to it just wasn't that fun. So all in all screw team play and make NFL street 2.5. I would drop 60 bucks on that game in a heart beat.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:34 AM   #3
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Re: Madden Should Have Expanded OTP, Not Eliminated It

Its a particular shame when you consider that the resources that were put into developing and implementing this feature, were (save for the limited time the mode existed) wasted.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:02 PM   #4
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden Should Have Expanded OTP, Not Eliminated It

OTP in a football game is just not going to work as well as pickup hockey/basketball/soccer. There's a lot more communication demanded and, to be perfectly frank here, I have no desire to talk to or even hear the voices of 80% of the madden community.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:39 PM   #5
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
As others have said, it just won't work as well with football as it does with more "fluid" sports like hockey, basketball and soccer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 04:17 PM   #6
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Team up they had on madden in 13 was really fun community team up believe what it was called, we enjoyed playing against others this mode can be sucessful and honestly I probably wont buy another madden till its inthe game because well im not already too hot on the graphics nor gameplay but thats another story.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »