Home

MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-29-2015, 04:01 AM   #25
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort

I watched the video but without sound so I'm not sure if this was covered:

Quick pitching while men on base. It's gotten to a point where I'm so used to it that I think it's me hitting poorly because of lack of concentration. I have accepted the fact that balks will never be called.

On the other side, I have tried quick pitching myself to see how effective it is. Ball control takes a hit but that doesn't matter because opponents usually swing through most pitches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2015, 12:56 AM   #26
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
I watched the video but without sound so I'm not sure if this was covered:

Quick pitching while men on base. It's gotten to a point where I'm so used to it that I think it's me hitting poorly because of lack of concentration. I have accepted the fact that balks will never be called.

On the other side, I have tried quick pitching myself to see how effective it is. Ball control takes a hit but that doesn't matter because opponents usually swing through most pitches.
It was not covered but it's a fair point. I think balks online would be tricky because some just want to be able to pitch and some guys do have long animations before they're set. That being said, it's super distracting and frenetic when people are just speed pitching the whole time. However, I wonder on some level if they do it (even though it doesn't really help) to try and prevent steals.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:58 PM   #27
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
It was not covered but it's a fair point. I think balks online would be tricky because some just want to be able to pitch and some guys do have long animations before they're set. That being said, it's super distracting and frenetic when people are just speed pitching the whole time. However, I wonder on some level if they do it (even though it doesn't really help) to try and prevent steals.
I don't think it's really a SB preventer because you just need to press a button to setup a steal but it may help some guys to some extent.

Balks were on last year and I believe one year balks were accidentally turned off but the developers were alerted and they were able to turn balks back on instantly. It may be an issue this year where balks were causing freezes so they turned it off. It may also be to help cater to more players because some might not understand balk rules.

As far as animations go, Kershaw is a good example of a pitcher with a long animation. When balks were on, the game did actually allow you to release the ball early without being charged with a balk. You didn't have to wait for Kershaw to lower his arms all the way from above his head.

Last edited by baseballsim; 07-30-2015 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:02 AM   #28
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

Balks and fastplay off should be options for sure.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:17 PM   #29
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

I played a team last night who always sent the runner on first whenever there were 2 strikes. If the ball went into the dirt my catcher would automatically throw to 2B. There was no way for him to throw to first.

In this same game I was also was the victim of the dreaded missed tag animation during a pickle. My third baseman had the ball. Runner on 2nd retreated back. Third baseman faked to 2B. Runner ran to 3B right through the tag.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:14 PM   #30
Just started!

I think a good idea would be to drop the speed ratings way down, still relative to the old ones, but nothing in the 90s or even 80s maybe. Madden devs heard that speed was being exploited in the game, so they gave the fastest players low 90s as opposed to 98, 99. Of course it is yet to be seen how well that will work but it seems like a good idea.

On the bright side, unlike a game like FIFA or Madden, there are no DD seasons, so if you don't really care about record, quitting doesn't really affect you too much. Also your opponent doesn't get any huge benefit from playing a stupidly boring game.

Also a quick question (Sorry it is OT): This is my first post here. Is there a certain number of posts you need to get to in order to post new threads?
Old 08-18-2015, 09:56 PM   #31
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsdawgs
I think a good idea would be to drop the speed ratings way down, still relative to the old ones, but nothing in the 90s or even 80s maybe. Madden devs heard that speed was being exploited in the game, so they gave the fastest players low 90s as opposed to 98, 99. Of course it is yet to be seen how well that will work but it seems like a good idea.

On the bright side, unlike a game like FIFA or Madden, there are no DD seasons, so if you don't really care about record, quitting doesn't really affect you too much. Also your opponent doesn't get any huge benefit from playing a stupidly boring game.

Also a quick question (Sorry it is OT): This is my first post here. Is there a certain number of posts you need to get to in order to post new threads?
Interesting suggestion for sure.

And yes, you need to be around a certain number of time and meet certain post thresholds I believe in order to create threads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2015, 03:40 AM   #32
Rookie

I have asked around the forums but it seems nobody else has this particular problem but me but what the heck I'll ask anyway. I use the triggers for base running instead of the other method and every single time I have a man on any base and hit a line drive, blooper or a rocket through the gap my base runners always dive back to whatever base that they are on and its frustrating as heck ! I hit into so many fielders choices its not funny . I assume nobody else has this problem because they use the stick and pad method

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »