Home

NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am: Hit or Miss?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am: Hit or Miss? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-31-2015, 08:49 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am: Hit or Miss?

2K Pro-Am is another ‘team play’ online mode which will give you and friends the ability to create a custom team with a custom arena and take your skills online against the world. If that sounds lovely, the mode also features leaderboards which range from daily, to monthly, and to all-time.

There’s a lot to love about yesterday’s announcement, from your MyPlayer having something new to do to a mode which allows you to play real basketball with up to ten people.

Read More - NBA 2K16's Pro-Am: Hit or Miss?
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2015, 09:03 AM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K16's Pro-Am: Hit or Miss?

Oh it's definitely a hit. The only thing that scares me are the servers and I feel lIke the defense in this mode will be pushed to the side in favor of easy scoring like the rec after patch 4.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 07-31-2015, 09:07 AM   #3
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

OVR: 0

1000000% and I have never played the old crew mode in my life but am interested in this. Only concern in the difficulty level and 2k approach to shooting that was ruined with the last patch. Currently the JRC and park are basically 3pt shootouts because its so easy
Old 07-31-2015, 09:24 AM   #4
Banned

I'm extremely excited about this and 2k have clearly been listening to fans which is a huge plus (why do people doubt them every year?)

BUT... There are three issues which will prevent this from being a hit.

1. Servers. The 4 court/Rec area is going to suffer from lag
It's inevitable. But the 5v5 in the arena needs to be as tight as possible. I'm assuming the matchmaking is trying to find the best fit possible in terms of location/Internet quality.

2. Cheese. There will always be cheese. Always. But they need to try and make it as limited as possible.

3. 7 foot point guards. Cap the height for positions, the attributes for height or just have the match making take size into account (if the average height of a team is 6'11 they only get matched with teams the same). Do something to nerf this before its 2k11 all over again.

They really need to address (successfully), two out of three of these issues to make it a true hit.

Oh. Servers on day one... Please don't crash haha. That early release over the weekend is going to be a huge influx of people. They should be well prepared for that.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:26 AM   #5
Rookie

It will be a miss because of their 1985 Atari online server. If they would just fix their server, which should be their #1 priority, it would be the best game/franchise ever. But they continue to ignore it and choose not to respond.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2015, 09:31 AM   #6
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am: Hit or Miss?

Hit, now lets hope those servers hold up. With the changes they should perform better though
Old 07-31-2015, 09:42 AM   #7
Rookie

Ward13's Arena

OVR: 12

I swear I almost broke a controller yesterday playing online. There 's absolutely no way of playing defense online and guys shoot the ball as soon as they cross half court, it's simply a circus out there at times SMH
Old 07-31-2015, 09:49 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

My biggest question is will this customization be available offline? As in for play now and MyLeague?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »