Home

Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

This is a discussion on Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2015, 02:49 AM   #121
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

As much as I'd love and want to play for Texas, I like the idea of being a HS star, signing with a college and this "Vic" character getting you involved in a situation that leads to your expulsion, forcing to play overseas for a year. Maybe that will be an outcome influenced by your decisions.

That being said, I still want to lead Texas to a championship and go pro afterwards above anything else.

Last edited by TheVinylHippo; 07-22-2015 at 02:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 08:48 AM   #122
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Just want to point out that it is 11 teams confirmed through those CLC listings. I wouldn't expect 2K or any company for that matter that was going through the process of doing this to include an uneven number of teams though. Just seems like it would make sense to go with an even number. So with Davidson being on Steph's cover, seems they would be the 12th team to even those numbers out. Taking a closer look at the Anthony Davis cover now, seems like Kentucky is indeed a no go for the game.

Spoiler

Photo of Anthony Davis cutting down the net after the Kentucky National Championship victory. Notice the "2012 NCAA Men's" wording just above the "National Champions" wording. Now notice the University of Kentucky logo just above that.

Spoiler

Now observe the same spots on the shirt. Missing a few things right? Would line up with the missing North Carolina stuff on the MJ cover and the lack of licensing on CLC too. Thanks for the high-res image Steve!!

EDIT: Just caught the missing NCAA Basketball wording on the ladder in the 2K cover as well. Pictures really are worth a thousand words.

I'm still going to hold out hope on Kentucky. CLC does not represent Kentucky, so that explains why they aren't on that initial list. Since there are 11-12 teams, I'd place my money on there being a few more to get to an even 16. I don't think 2K would go through the process of obtaining licenses, implementing an elite 8 in MyCareer, and leaving 3-4 teams out given the season. The fact that they already have more than 8 leads me to believe they'll go for 16, probably teams that aren't represented by CLC (Kentucky, Ohio State, Davidson, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Indiana just to name some.)

If 2K had yet to obtain the license from UK when they released the covers months ago, that would explain why the logo was removed from Anthony Davis' picture.

Last edited by GR5Noles; 07-22-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:36 PM   #123
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12

Other news outlets starting to pick up the story:

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...ble-on-nba-2k/
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Old 07-22-2015, 03:42 PM   #124
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I hope they have the atmosphere of college ball in the game. PC version will hopefully open up more college opportunities shortly after release.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:46 PM   #125
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Can't believe I'm going to be able to play as UConn again...it's been a long eight years.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #126
Banned

OVR: 0

Mods what's good. I see this story covered more by random sites than a site specifically for this story smh. Get it together OS
Old 07-22-2015, 04:37 PM   #127
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introvese
Mods what's good. I see this story covered more by random sites than a site specifically for this story smh. Get it together OS
OS started talking about this 6-7 days ago, so maybe they're not the ones who need to get it together.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:46 PM   #128
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
OS started talking about this 6-7 days ago, so maybe they're not the ones who need to get it together.
It's not nowhere on the main page saying anything about 2k having 10+ college teams

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »