Home

Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

This is a discussion on Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-21-2015, 11:56 PM   #113
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

Just want to point out that it is 11 teams confirmed through those CLC listings. I wouldn't expect 2K or any company for that matter that was going through the process of doing this to include an uneven number of teams though. Just seems like it would make sense to go with an even number. So with Davidson being on Steph's cover, seems they would be the 12th team to even those numbers out. Taking a closer look at the Anthony Davis cover now, seems like Kentucky is indeed a no go for the game.

Photo of Anthony Davis cutting down the net after the Kentucky National Championship victory. Notice the "2012 NCAA Men's" wording just above the "National Champions" wording. Now notice the University of Kentucky logo just above that.

Now observe the same spots on the shirt. Missing a few things right? Would line up with the missing North Carolina stuff on the MJ cover and the lack of licensing on CLC too. Thanks for the high-res image Steve!!

EDIT: Just caught the missing NCAA Basketball wording on the ladder in the 2K cover as well. Pictures really are worth a thousand words.

Last edited by King_B_Mack; 07-22-2015 at 12:00 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:09 AM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't think they'd just have those 10-11 schools unless you had the option to create the school you wanna go to if not one of them. Seems extremely limited to have just 10 out of about 350ish none of which include Duke, UK or Unc
NBA- Los Angeles Clippers
MLB- Miami Marlins
NFL- New York Jets
NCAAF- Duke Blue Devils
NHL- Carolina Hurricanes
Old 07-22-2015, 12:18 AM   #115
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishListGOD 1 OF 2
There are simply no negatives to this. With college basketball in the game the bar has already been raised and if its fleshed out properly no doubt it will raise it even higher. 2k is very progressive(sometimes slowly) and this will only get better with time, my only wish is that highschool can stick around and become more integrated very advanced scouting.
huge chance its for mycareer only. Guys here will cry if that happens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 12:32 AM   #116
MVP

lakers24's Arena

I was only expecting maybe a fictional final four with created schools like the HS playoffs in NCAA Football so i'll take this. Also, I'm confused as to who would think this would be fully in any other mode besides MyCareer as that is where this makes the most sense. I understand people want what we used to have in a college game and then have guys go into the draft from there, but how and why would you have a fully fleshed out college season with only 10 schools?
Old 07-22-2015, 12:34 AM   #117
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I was only expecting maybe a fictional final four with created schools like the HS playoffs in NCAA Football so i'll take this. Also, I'm confused as to who would think this would be fully in any other mode besides MyCareer as that is where this makes the most sense. I understand people want what we used to have in a college game and then have guys go into the draft from there, but how and why would you have a fully fleshed out college season with only 10 schools?
Makes sense to me too for My League
Old 07-22-2015, 01:16 AM   #118
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Just want to point out that it is 11 teams confirmed through those CLC listings. I wouldn't expect 2K or any company for that matter that was going through the process of doing this to include an uneven number of teams though. Just seems like it would make sense to go with an even number. So with Davidson being on Steph's cover, seems they would be the 12th team to even those numbers out. Taking a closer look at the Anthony Davis cover now, seems like Kentucky is indeed a no go for the game.

Photo of Anthony Davis cutting down the net after the Kentucky National Championship victory. Notice the "2012 NCAA Men's" wording just above the "National Champions" wording. Now notice the University of Kentucky logo just above that.

Now observe the same spots on the shirt. Missing a few things right? Would line up with the missing North Carolina stuff on the MJ cover and the lack of licensing on CLC too. Thanks for the high-res image Steve!!

EDIT: Just caught the missing NCAA Basketball wording on the ladder in the 2K cover as well. Pictures really are worth a thousand words.
That's a very good find. Stinks that UK is not in the game...I've never tried MyPlayer and being able to start at UK in some capacity would have been cool. That said, I suppose I can do a Michigan or a Texas (I do not "care" for a lot of the other teams on that list that are included lol), and see how it is though regardless.

It is still a positive step in the right direction.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:31 AM   #119
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Just random thoughts to myself.

If it's limited to only a handful of schools, why doesn't 2k simply create generic schools using all the colors of spectrum. Throw colored darts on the map of the United States. If it lands in DC with a purple dart, create a collegiate team "purple." or whatevers..

or throw all 50 states in a bucket along with 50 colors in a bucket. Grab one state, grab one color. Boom. There you go. A college team.... or whatevers.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 07-22-2015, 02:35 AM   #120
Banned

So its probably just my career and most likely just playing through the elite eight? Or possibly sweet 16? That would make sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »