Home

Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

This is a discussion on Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-21-2015, 03:35 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

Did DR say who the 10+ teams are?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 05:56 PM   #106
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I would think yes. I thought from the jump when Mike Wang mentioned the two words that were giving the engineers fits, that college was what he was getting at. Made the most sense honestly given the undertaking it would be trying to get all the differences between the two levels in the game. The shot clock, the tempos, the foul outs, the rules, the 3 point line. It could totally not be what he was talking about this whole time, but the evidence definitely says something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool but IMO if they are going to allow players to come from College to NBA it would be better and more realistic if they handled the draft like they do when you choose to draft all the NBA players and customize your league. (Hope I explained that right)

They have to allow rookies for this up coming year to be drafted to any team. If I leave college the same time as Towns, Okafor, Russell etc and I am considered the #1 pick the T'Wolves decide to pick me Towns needs to still be on the board and possibly going to the Lakers and so forth.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:07 PM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Did DR say who the 10+ teams are?
The teams are Arizona, Arizona State, Connecticut, Georgetown, Kansas, Louisville, Michigan, Texas, UCLA, Villanova and Wisconsin

Source: http://www.sbnation.com/college-bask...-2k-sports-nba
Old 07-21-2015, 06:28 PM   #108
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I hope people can see the big picture and realize that the return of any playable college basketball would be a great start and not meltdown if their favorite team isn't in the mix. There has been no college hoops at all from 2K for going on 8 years. 8 YEARS.

This!! I'm all in because it's a sign that 2K is at least thinking about college ball. Even if a full fledged CH never materializes. Like you said, it has been 8 years since the vaunted CH2k8. And there have been lawsuits out the wazoo with regards to the NCAA and player likeness. I honestly thought that we wouldn't see colleges represented in a game until a few years AFTER the lawsuits are settled and a new model emerges. I truly appreciate the effort and what it could mean down the line.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:33 PM   #109
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Even though if true I hope it ends up being more thank 10 that would still be very good news to me. Now the thing is will there be rule changes for college and will they have different commentary for college in playing those games.
If we are able to play games in college, I'm sure 2K would tweak the rules and courts. On the commentary note, they do have Clark Kellogg (just makes too much sense) and the voice in the MyCareer commercials sound very much like Dan or Peter (not sure which one) from NFL2K. A man can dream, a man can dream...
Old 07-21-2015, 08:58 PM   #110
Rookie

Ward13's Arena

OVR: 12

10 teams is quite alright with me! Sure you may or may not see your favorite university listed but just knowing we'll have ANY college team at our disposal is a GIANT step in the right direction. I'm sure as soon as we get the full scoop on how these 10 teams will be implemented within the game some of those minor problems some have with only having 10 teams will quickly turn into praise and gratitude for what 2K has done to even get these teams in the game. Lets just wait and see what's lies ahead of us, this could be epic!!!
Old 07-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #111
Rookie

WishListGOD 1 OF 2's Arena

There are simply no negatives to this. With college basketball in the game the bar has already been raised and if its fleshed out properly no doubt it will raise it even higher. 2k is very progressive(sometimes slowly) and this will only get better with time, my only wish is that highschool can stick around and become more integrated very advanced scouting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 11:29 PM   #112
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I agree that it's a step in the right direction and I glad that colleges will be back in at least some form. With that said, I'd be lying if this doesn't scare the hell out of me. Some of my favorite features and games have been yanked away from me in the past due to legal issues... And if this somehow backfires and we lose created draft classes I'm going to have a come apart.
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Created draft classes are just that: user created. There's no way anyone can sue 2k for something a user created. That's like Joel Embiid suing 2k after he created himself in the game while he was at KU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »