Home

NHL 16: Official Gameplay Balance Video, Trailer and Blog

This is a discussion on NHL 16: Official Gameplay Balance Video, Trailer and Blog within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2015, 06:53 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16: Official Gameplay Balance Video, Trailer and Blog

Honestly, at this point Ea needs to accept that Doc will never be good and go get Good Miller. Even Jim Hughson is better. They need to stop wasting money on doc, nobody likes it. Also using real recorded videos and not modelling the announcers is some kind of lazy. As for the gameplay, I'll take a pass. This game has not evolved enough in the last 3-5 years to be worth 60 bucks. They should really consider switching to an agile development process over there because they are not delivering items of high value on a year to year basis. The gameplay hasn't evolved since littmann, the goalies don't even push off and nhl 2k8 did this. I'll save my money this year. I preordered it from Amazon with a 30% discount but I'm just going to cancel it. It's not worth my money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 07:08 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

....not hearing any difference in the commentary like we were told there would be. One of the reasons I was so excited about the switch up last year was Docs emotion, its completely lacking, again.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:20 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCloser
Honestly, at this point Ea needs to accept that Doc will never be good and go get Good Miller. Even Jim Hughson is better. They need to stop wasting money on doc, nobody likes it. Also using real recorded videos and not modelling the announcers is some kind of lazy. As for the gameplay, I'll take a pass. This game has not evolved enough in the last 3-5 years to be worth 60 bucks. They should really consider switching to an agile development process over there because they are not delivering items of high value on a year to year basis. The gameplay hasn't evolved since littmann, the goalies don't even push off and nhl 2k8 did this. I'll save my money this year. I preordered it from Amazon with a 30% discount but I'm just going to cancel it. It's not worth my money.
What the heck are you talkig about. Doc isn't bad in my book (loved JIm Hughson back in the day). Plus have you seen the madden announcer models! It's scary. I think the green screen is the way to go.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:27 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
....not hearing any difference in the commentary like we were told there would be. One of the reasons I was so excited about the switch up last year was Docs emotion, its completely lacking, again.
I beileve last second goals or meaningful goals have been improved with more emotion. However it's really hard to get his emotion into the game without the audio sounding all chop and paste. Unfortunately you need all the core announcing to sound the same to sound natural. As long as he gets pumped when I score in OT or a last second goal I will be happy for the most part.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:35 PM   #45
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCloser
The commentary is done the same way in previous years, they just changed the voice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 09:06 PM   #46
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
I asked Rammer about it on twitter, so hopefully he responds because they said it was much better and improved.

It was downright cringe worthy to listen to. I heard one new line...and that was it.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:12 PM   #47
Rookie

Does anybody no if the change line menu is going to be fixed? Example you cud not pokecheck unless u waited for it to disappear
Old 07-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #48
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Loved the upclose shots in the first video. Looks really great. The improvements look awesome in that video. Really awesome.

The second video, I found it hard to really see alot of it in action. You get some glimpses, but it's so quick that it's hard to notice, it's there though. I think though, anytime you're watching a video with head to head player action, it probably takes away some of it as it should appear.

Hope some more videos continue to surface. Would love to see more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »