Home

NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-29-2015, 10:33 PM   #97
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckg313
I've edited 2k from day one many of the gripes in this article have been worked out with later coaching,roster and slider editing, no way would you tear through the defense playing my rosters with my sliders.I will say though its based on expert players you cant just come up to the line and wing it you have to read the defence and use audibles.
Please post a link to your sliders. Or simply post them here. I personally bought an xbox360 slim about a year ago just to play this game. I don't have any other game for the xbox360 except NFL2k5.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-29-2015, 11:46 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Please post a link to your sliders. Or simply post them here. I personally bought an xbox360 slim about a year ago just to play this game. I don't have any other game for the xbox360 except NFL2k5.
i can email or use drop box to send you my sliders or roster files i have rosters from 1973 to current that ive personally edited they can be added to the 360 with the xport hardrive tool..... [email protected]
Old 07-01-2015, 04:46 AM   #99
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckg313
i can email or use drop box to send you my sliders or roster files i have rosters from 1973 to current that ive personally edited they can be added to the 360 with the xport hardrive tool..... [email protected]
Email sent, maybe you didn't get my email?
Old 07-01-2015, 08:27 AM   #100
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

The game never functioned properly without a good marriage of properly edited rosters and matching sliders. Even then some of the glitches were seen, primarily the DB slow down in coverage. Having said that it was still typically a great human vs. cpu experience and person to person, when you got in with the right (sim-minded) crowd.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:09 AM   #101
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
The game never functioned properly without a good marriage of properly edited rosters and matching sliders. Even then some of the glitches were seen, primarily the DB slow down in coverage. Having said that it was still typically a great human vs. cpu experience and person to person, when you got in with the right (sim-minded) crowd.
Care to further elaborate on why sliders were needed? I have never felt the need to fiddle with slider sets for any sports game. I simply go with default, once in a while maybe changing time per quarter but that's practically it.

I've had very enjoyable games with the CPU with the default out of the box slider set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #102
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Care to further elaborate on why sliders were needed? I have never felt the need to fiddle with slider sets for any sports game. I simply go with default, once in a while maybe changing time per quarter but that's practically it.

I've had very enjoyable games with the CPU with the default out of the box slider set.
On the defaults with stock rosters, the biggest issue I remember was the game being an interception-fest - the CPU QB's made some truly awful decisions on throwing into coverage.

I had a lot of fun with the game too - and APF (which pretty much eliminated said QB issues). But you really did need the edited rosters to really bring out the full potential of the game, IMO.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:53 AM   #103
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

Wow, since 2K3 (of any sport) I haven't been able to play a game without sliders. It's like watching an uncalibrated TV... hell, it's like leaving the house without attending to your hygienic needs. The world opens up for you when fine-tuned to perfection.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-01-2015, 01:51 PM   #104
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

To attempt getting realistic gameplay and game stats (though it never produced that AND simmed stats; you had one or the other).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »