Home

Madden NFL 16 Introduces a New Mode: Draft Champions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Introduces a New Mode: Draft Champions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 Introduces a New Mode: Draft Champions

"The community says gameplay needs an overhaul? Nah, throw a pointless "draft champions" mode in! They'll love it!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 03:10 PM   #26
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeGordon12
"The community says gameplay needs an overhaul? Nah, throw a pointless "draft champions" mode in! They'll love it!"
As a whole the community is loving it. The Madden community extends far beyond this site (even though several us are excited for this mode). As for gameplay judging by the blogs this year has seen a lot of improvements to gameplay.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:10 PM   #27
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeGordon12
In fairness, I am pretty sure they have completely different teams working on stuff.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I don't think adding this mode took away from gameplay resources.

Again, maybe I am wrong though

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:21 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 1

I mean, 1000 foot macro view yes doing something like this takes away from resources that could have gone to other things. People worked on this that could have worked on other stuff, or the salary of the people that worked on this could have paid the salary of people doing other things. In reality it isn't that simple which is why the "why did X get worked on but unrelated Y didn't?" arguments usually go poorly.

Edit: If on the other hand the money/time they spent doing this is expected to bring in enough new sales to 'pay for itself' while the other work they could have done wouldn't have been expected to then no, one didn't take away from the other.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:19 AM   #29
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

I'm usually an offline-only player that hates MUT-like modes with random players and unrealistic teams, but I can see myself playing a lot of this online.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:47 AM   #30
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I like this mode. I know the franchise purists can't stand this kind of stuff but, I will enjoy it I'm sure. Maybe it's my age and the fact that I have 3 kids with one on the way that make me enjoy modes that require less time investment.

I am one of those that have said since the implementation of MUT that I was not happy with time being wasted on MUT that could have went into improving CFM.

But from all I have seen and heard about this mode I like it and am actually excited to play it. This will add a great deal of replay value and a great mode to jump in and play as a change up to my CFM.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-17-2015, 12:51 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 1

It also probably wasn't a super hard add. Setting up the drafting UI might have taken some extra time but there's no new in game stuff to add (besides one stadium they chose to) and no CPU AI stuff except for building the CPU teams. The cards were already made since I think they're just using MUT cards. Overall I think giving people that don't like the microtransactions and stacked teams in MUT a way to play something similar was worth it.

I'll be surprised if there aren't any microtransactions though. 16th round, draft two in a round, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 01:00 PM   #32
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

This isn't a mode I see myself playing that much at least this year. Just doesn't really appeal to me. I wouldn't mind seeing it evolve into a NFL Fever like fantasy challenge. I remember spending a lot of time playing that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »