Home

The Top Six Ballparks in MLB 15 The Show

This is a discussion on The Top Six Ballparks in MLB 15 The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-15-2015, 11:30 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The Top Six Ballparks in MLB 15 The Show

Editor's Note: Operation Sports' partner FanDuel is hosting a one-night fantasy baseball league tonight. It's $5 to enter and first place wins $10,000 cash. Click here to join!

One thing unique to baseball is its stadiums. Unlike other sports, field dimensions are not completely regulated. This gives baseball franchises the freedom to make walls as tall as they want, outfields as deep as they want, and foul territories as big as they want. Because of this freedom, baseball stadiums can turn out to be some of the most beautiful and unique facilities in the world. Of course, these wonders of the sports world are rendered quite well in MLB 15 The Show, but there are six that truly stand out.

Read More - The Top Six Ballparks in MLB 15 The Show
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 12:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think it's a testament to the quality of the game and the details that go into replicating the parks that this subject is even worth having a debate ... but it is. I'm not as high on Dodger Stadium ... it's certainly historical and just the other day I caught myself catching how the seats behind home plate don't have the wall. However I couldn't see myself listing it over the ballpark in Pittsburgh ... in fact that may be my favorite stadium (I've been dying to do a franchise in the NL Central primarily because they have so many great stadiums.

A few other stadiums might not make my top 5 but are definitely fun ... for example the Royals ballpark with the fountains and the crown scoreboard is instantly recognizable ... and definitely exciting when you can get a hit around the edge of the outfield and get a triple.

Generally speaking I don't like boxed in stadiums with retractable roofs as much as open ballparks; but Houston's park is very unique in terms of the outfield. The structure in the left-center gap is well done and produces some odd bounces ... and while I'd hate to be a player on it from a gamer standpoint I'll miss the hill in center when the take it out.

The quality of the ballparks is definitely a major factor in what keeps me playing this game over and over through multiple seasons. In fact when I pick games to play in my season I'm sure I play way more road games that home games just to get a taste for all the other parks.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
I would have put Kaufman Stadium above Dodger Stadium any day of the week. And Minute Maid and Ballpark at Arlington too. Other than the backdrop, there isn't much to it. A boring symmetrical stadium.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:44 PM   #4
Rookie

billyo's Arena

OVR: 4
How about Pittsburgh? The prettiest park in baseball.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #5
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

I was thinking the same thing, Pittsburgh is often ranked as the most scenic ballpark in the MLB. Surprised it didn't crack the top 6...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 01:03 PM   #6
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Top Six Ballparks in MLB 15 The Show

I can respectfully disagree with this post. Yes, I enjoy playing at AT&T, and I am biased playing out of the NL Central so I rarely see Fenway or OPACY, but they definitely missed on Petco Park and PNC Park. Both are absolute jewels to play in during daylight in the game, and Petco is gorgeous at night too.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:05 PM   #7
Rookie

Moss44's Arena

Re: The Top Six Ballparks in MLB 15 The Show

This list is confusing. Is the author listing the best real-life ballparks, then just posting pictures of them in The Show? Is he listing the parks that he feels were best recreated in The Show? Or is he making a list of what parks look best in The Show?

I disagree with many of the picks on the list, anyways.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:50 PM   #8
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
Please give us free-roam camera to be able to watch a CPU vs. CPU game from any seat in the stadium.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »