Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.04 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.04 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-13-2015, 09:00 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Two things:

1) We are talking two separate games, not just companies. What I mean by this is that Final Fantasy team doesn't have to worry about meeting a deadline in the next 10 months to release the next installment of the game. SCEA does.

2) And given that SCEA has 10 months or so to focus on the next release of the game, at some point they have to make the difficult decision of what can be patched in an appropriate enough time frame that we still have adequate time to work on next year's game. Basically it's do we fix and patch in this year's title or fix for next year's game.
From Russell's comment, it sounds as though the fix was made, just that the file was considered to be too big to be patched-in to this year's edition (not a software developer so I'm sure it's more specific than that.). But not that they are too focused on MLB 16 to make it work. Which is why I was wondering just how big a patch would be required to do such a thing. Only bringing up Final Fantasy because a 3.5-4gb patch wasn't too big to be implemented for a demo, so just how huge would this patch end up being if they did do it?

Maybe they should give Pied Piper a call to help with compression ;-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 10:42 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.04 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Two things:

1) We are talking two separate games, not just companies. What I mean by this is that Final Fantasy team doesn't have to worry about meeting a deadline in the next 10 months to release the next installment of the game. SCEA does.

2) And given that SCEA has 10 months or so to focus on the next release of the game, at some point they have to make the difficult decision of what can be patched in an appropriate enough time frame that we still have adequate time to work on next year's game. Basically it's do we fix and patch in this year's title or fix for next year's game.
yea but at the same time, this game isnt much different from year to year.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:43 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 10

In anyone else's franchise, does every other major league team have an excessive amount of SP and a small number of RP? I just now noticed this. I am in 2018 and every single team except my own (Pirates) has at least 6 or more SP on the major league club, one even had 10 SP with 1 RP!

I'm rarely one to point out little bugs in gameplay or franchise, but this is kind of game breaking for me, which is why I want to see if anyone else has had this or if it has been reported before? If it has I'm sorry, I havent been around very much and I doubt a forum search would be able to find it due to the issues' complexity.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:21 AM   #68
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblanco12
yea but at the same time, this game isnt much different from year to year.
Sports games will never be significantly different from year to year because the core concept of the game will always be the sport its representing and the intangibles that go with it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-14-2015, 10:44 AM   #69
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Sigh, was really hoping this would get fixed. This kinda is a game killer.(Runners auto sliding into 3rd base)

Had this happen to me last night. Runner on second and base hit to CF, that easily would score my runner. I move the L-stick to highlight the runner and press X but nothing happened, the runner stayed at 3B. I went back to the replay and the runner had slid into the 3B bag for whatever reason.

Cost me a run because the next batter grounder out to end the inning. Very frustrating.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 06-14-2015, 01:50 PM   #70
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Had this happen to me last night. Runner on second and base hit to CF, that easily would score my runner. I move the L-stick to highlight the runner and press X but nothing happened, the runner stayed at 3B. I went back to the replay and the runner had slid into the 3B bag for whatever reason.

Cost me a run because the next batter grounder out to end the inning. Very frustrating.
I use classic running controls, I am wondering if this is why I haven't seen it.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:05 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Turn off auto save, problem fixed.
Not true. Its less frequent, but still freezes sometimes after games. They're not going to address the issue even though there are multiple bug reports on their site, and tons of people complaining. Its PS3 so they don't care if people who've been loyal for years don't get a working game.

Soccer- Timbers & Everton
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2015, 02:06 PM   #72
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I use classic running controls, I am wondering if this is why I haven't seen it.

Like CB said, there's a good chance it has happened to you, but since you're not looking for it, you just havent noticed it.

I wouldnt have if I hadnt started wondering why my runners werent scoring from 2nd

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »