Home

MLB 15 The Show Is the Series' Magnum Opus

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Is the Series' Magnum Opus within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-12-2015, 08:50 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB 15 The Show Is the Series' Magnum Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Exactly right. This game captures the variance of the sport with amazing fidelity. It's hard to overstate how right they got this aspect of the game that is so central to the baseball experience.
Tell me about it.

I score 9 runs one day, lose 3-2 in 10 innings, lose 8-7 because Paco (Rodriguez) flubbed it (PACO! PACO! GAH PACO!).

One game, teams combined to K 28 times. Next game it was 2-0 with 5 hits combined (combined!)

And despite all of that, good teams can still be good. So long term, the quality of the team shows up, but short term - it can be all over the place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2015, 11:37 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Was an error (Anthony Rizzo literally dropped a ball thrown a tad bit short at first base) and a walk with 2 outs in the 9th (had him 3-2 and it was a questionable call, but you get what you get) away from pitching a perfect game in my Cubs franchise with Jason Hammel.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 20

Real-time dynamic lighting and cloud/weather conditions ala Red Dead & GTA would beat the pants off what they're doing here, but I'm not really complaining. And I'm sorry but that LOD issue with the 3/4 sleeves is a real chore to ignore. I also think crowd reactions remain a bit underwhelming most of the time and framerate is inconsistent during cutscenes.

Bonus pet peeve: I'm rather displeased with crowd distribution. I play at Commerica Park and half the time all the empty seats are in the upper deck; like literally an empty upper deck with a full lower bowl. That's not how the place should distribute at all.

It should look something like this:

Instead I get a FULL lower deck + an EMPTY upper deck. That's not what I had in mind when they said "fans will now sit in the cheap seats less frequently" or whatever it was.

Can't really comment on other stadiums except to say attendance is usually pretty ridiculous - some random Wednesday game in April should almost always have plenty of empty seats scattered throughout the stadium.

Otherwise I agree, it's the best game in the series' history and by extension one of the best three or four baseball games ever made.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:07 AM   #28
Rookie

I love he shoe so far excellent game work of art and I'm just in the beginning
Old 06-14-2015, 07:10 AM   #29
Rookie

GREAT GAME
Old 06-15-2015, 12:21 AM   #30
Just started!

I am so glad someone else shares my opinion on this. With all of the negativity in this forum this year, I truly felt that I was just about the only one that loved this game.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:09 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 4

I have never owned a playstation until I bought my ps4 for this game. All I kept reading on OS was how this was the best sports game throughout the years.... I wasn't even a baseball fan as I'm from the UK but now I am. I freaking love this game!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »