Home

Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

This is a discussion on Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

It would be amazing if they could do just the NCAA tourney that way they would just have to get 63 other teams. It might be lame and wouldn't be official NCAA but still would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 12:58 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Two Words: Ed O'Bannon.
The NCAA and these game companies screwed up everything. All you had to do was make everyone in these games have the wrong jersey number or wrong skin tone. No one could've ever said that the games were using their likeness if it was that way. I'd be pissed too if these companies were making all this money off my likeness and I didn't see a dime.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:03 PM   #27
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Would be dope though if we could ever do a full customed tournament in 2k in between HS (which no one has tapped into) and the NBA. Even throw in your own team usa for the euro league teams...

Which makes he hope we have CAT this year.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #28
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Two Words: Ed O'Bannon.
Honestly I don't think even Ed O'Bannon is affecting them doing a game now. The NCAA and it's member schools have always been free to make games and they wouldn't have to pay the players a dime. The NCAA tournaments, schools, conferences, etc. could be put into a game right now with completely random players, names, faces, jersey numbers, etc and there's nothing a player/former player could do about it. The problem lies with video game companies determining that it's not worth the cost of the license and cost of making the game to attempt this however. I've always maintained though, that these companies piss poor marketing practices for college games are the single biggest reason they didn't sell more copies.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #29
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
It would be amazing if they could do just the NCAA tourney that way they would just have to get 63 other teams. It might be lame and wouldn't be official NCAA but still would be great.
If we ever got some type of college aspect in NBA2K it'll be this. That way they can make on generic NCAA arena and have all the games there. I can't imagine them creating the venues and arenas for 25-60 college teams (whatever the number may be).

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 06-08-2015, 01:37 PM   #30
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Damn it. This has been in the back of my mind and I have been trying to push it away, so as to avoid crushing heartbreak later. Now this thread has create full blown hope and it won't go away until we hear a flat "no College Hoops integration" from the dev team.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:45 PM   #31
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

High School implementation would be "easy" to do...and I say easy as in no licensing and fictional schools.

College is a lot different, obviously it costs money even if you're gonna do just the final 4 or the championship game..because that's still 4 top schools....and obviously there's images of real colleges on the cover so I doubt they'd do something corny like use fake colleges...

We'll see though, not much info but it's fun speculating.

Would be cool to play through high school tourney's and maybe get your skills up through there before going through college or whatever they have planned.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 01:54 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
Not really considering the how the NCAA has been ruining things
Let's be honest....LAWYERS ruined this.

The athletes who were talked (conned?) into suing the NCAA as received maybe a couple hundred of dollars from "winning" the lawsuit.

The real money went to the law firm who represented them. It's actually kind of sad. Some of these young men probably thought they were doing the right thing. All it really did was make a bunch of lawyers rich(er).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »