Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/7/15)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/7/15) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-07-2015, 04:05 PM   #9
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (6/7/15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Do you think Dellin Betances gets a boost, or gets left alone because he's merely a relief pitcher?

Wade Davis got a boost, and deservedly, he's having a fine year. But I mean, up until this week, Betances hadn't allowed A SINGLE RUN!
Yeah I put him in the "low" section this week, but thought for sure he would get a boost last week. I don't see why he couldn't get a boost whenever they feel it's time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Will this finally be the week Greinke goes diamond with one more overall point? He seems like the best candidate to me although people seem to want Bumgarner even though his stats aren't as good as Greinke's.
I think Greinke probably has to wait a bit longer. His season stats are great (though his 1.97 ERA doesn't quite click with his 3.50 xFIP, for example), but he stumbled a bit as of late. I don't see MadBum getting the boost either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal
I agree with your choices. I think Rosenthal is a great candidate to get a bump up this Monday. I also believe Rizzo is on his way to being Diamond soon.
Yeah the tough part about the predictions this week for is it's a lot of the same people who have been monsters still being monsters. Guys like Kipnis and Fielder and Rizzo and Stanton and Harper and Kluber and Scherzer who are already boosted or have received major boosts.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:56 PM   #10
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

Have they ever boosted a diamond that was already a diamond? Because even though he's a diamond I feel like goldschmidt is worthy of a little upgrade. I mean he's been one of if not the best player so far this year. He deserves to be more of a 95-98 player with the way he's crushed not only this season but previous ones too.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:42 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

If Goldy deserves an upgrade, Rizzo definitely does. Rizzo is outpacing most of Goldy's prior year numbers, the ones that give Goldschmidt a Diamond in the first place, all while striking out at half the rate Goldy is this year.

Goldy 2013: .302/.401/.551 --Goldy's breakout year
Goldy 2014: .300/.396/.542
Goldy 2015: .343/.467/.662
Rizzo 2014: .286/.386/.527 --First year post-Sveum
Rizzo 2015: .328/.446/.605

Rizzo also has more doubles, triples, and steals than Goldschmidt this season. I am not advocating he deserves to be higher than him, not at all, but if Goldy gets an ugrade to 95-98, Rizzo should get the bump to a 93-94.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 06:18 PM   #12
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I think Greinke probably has to wait a bit longer. His season stats are great (though his 1.97 ERA doesn't quite click with his 3.50 xFIP, for example), but he stumbled a bit as of late. I don't see MadBum getting the boost either.
Look at Wacha and Miller, they both received upgrades recently and their xFIP are ever further from their ERA compared to Greinke and people still think they will receive increases again and they started from much lower points than Greinke. If they deserve another bump Greinke deserves one based on that logic and his history.

You yourself even think Gray deserves an upgrade even though his xFIP doesn't jive with his ERA similarly to Greinke. He went from 89 to 92 almost a month ago, I don't see a 92 to 93 increase as that far fetched and a better bet than a lot of what people are saying (Bumgarner, Kluber, etc.) In the end though I do not expect an increase this week either since he is already a 92, it's just worth the gamble IMO since he is so close to diamond and that would influence his value on the market.

I'm not arguing who is a better pitcher, just what patterns the devs have shown and they have shown that they look at ERA, K/9, BB/9, WHIP, etc not xFIP.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 06-07-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:43 PM   #13
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Look at Wacha and Miller, they both received upgrades recently and their xFIP are ever further from their ERA compared to Greinke and people still think they will receive increases again and they started from much lower points than Greinke. If they deserve another bump Greinke deserves one based on that logic and his history.

You yourself even think Gray deserves an upgrade even though his xFIP doesn't jive with his ERA similarly to Greinke. He went from 89 to 92 almost a month ago, I don't see a 92 to 93 increase as that far fetched and a better bet than a lot of what people are saying (Bumgarner, Kluber, etc.) In the end though I do not expect an increase this week either since he is already a 92, it's just worth the gamble IMO since he is so close to diamond and that would influence his value on the market.

I'm not arguing who is a better pitcher, just what patterns the devs have shown and they have shown that they look at ERA, K/9, BB/9, WHIP, etc not xFIP.
Im pretty new to all of the rating changes, but that is extremely disappointing to hear. I took a quick peak at Greinke and even though I am a Greinke fan, there is no way he should get a boost with an xFIP and SIERA over 3.5 this year. That is right around league average (his xFIP- is 92, meaning that he is just 8% better than league average right now which should absolutely not indicate a ratings increase). To me, that shows that they overreact with their ratings increases and do not take sample sizes into consideration and such.
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Old 06-07-2015, 07:10 PM   #14
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyA
Im pretty new to all of the rating changes, but that is extremely disappointing to hear. I took a quick peak at Greinke and even though I am a Greinke fan, there is no way he should get a boost with an xFIP and SIERA over 3.5 this year. That is right around league average (his xFIP- is 92, meaning that he is just 8% better than league average right now which should absolutely not indicate a ratings increase). To me, that shows that they overreact with their ratings increases and do not take sample sizes into consideration and such.
The game doesn't track a lot of advanced statistics. People have asked for many stats, but the game's sim engine and stat tracking system just doesn't track many thing that are needed. I can't blame the devs for using the ratings system they do, it works for the game because the main stats the game is presenting to the user are ERA, SO, AVG, HR, RBI, etc. One day maybe they'll figure out how to implement a WAT type system, but until then they have to rate players to fit the game and the gameplay.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:30 PM   #15
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

you don't think anyone becomes a diamond this upgrade? Donaldson, Cruz, Kluber, Greinke?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 07:58 PM   #16
Rookie

foofighter2455's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit1193
you don't think anyone becomes a diamond this upgrade? Donaldson, Cruz, Kluber, Greinke?
I don't understand why Cruz isn't being upgraded more frequently. He should be better vs rhp

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »