Home

MLB 15 The Show: Rebuilding the Phillies

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Rebuilding the Phillies within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-27-2015, 07:45 PM   #25
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Rebuilding the Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'n my version, Lee is 9-2 at coming up on the AS break with a sub-2.00 ERA. He's absolutely murdering it. I don't think you get a blue-chipper for him, but you might be able to get a role player or a high-C, low-B prospect in return.

I don't see why Hamels would appeal to Chicago, which is building around youth and seems to value the accumulation of assets rather than their liquidation. I suppose anything is possible, but I would see someone like La Stella as a more reasonable target for CHI IF, and if anything, I think Castro is the guy that will go once the Baez and Russell are fully acclimated to the bigs.

Personally, I don't think you have to go trade-crazy with PHI to make them work, and I agree with Geister that Hamels can actually give you either a legit ace or an excellent #2 for several years to come. That's hard to find, so I'd be inclined to keep an asset like that.

I was going to deal him at the break in my franchise, but I'm not 100% sure I will now.
I wasn't expecting a blue-chipper for Lee so low-B could work....I brought up Chicago because of their abundance of MIF'ers and the fact that they don't have much behind Lester and Arrieta...of course all this is going on the premise that the Cubs is contending somewhere near the AS break and needs a front-end starter badly....plus im REALLY high on Baez haha.....and yeah if a blue-chipper is out of the question for Hamels, it'd make sense to retain him...we'll see
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2015, 08:52 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37
I wasn't expecting a blue-chipper for Lee so low-B could work....I brought up Chicago because of their abundance of MIF'ers and the fact that they don't have much behind Lester and Arrieta...of course all this is going on the premise that the Cubs is contending somewhere near the AS break and needs a front-end starter badly....plus im REALLY high on Baez haha.....and yeah if a blue-chipper is out of the question for Hamels, it'd make sense to retain him...we'll see
Depending on the roster you use, Baez can be insane. In the Redsfan roster he has near generationally elite power. OSFM V2 has him much more toned down.

I have a thing for La Stella. He's a pretty complete player with good potential, and he flies under a lot of folks' radar. But he clearly isn't Baez, and the heart wants what it wants, so to speak.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:00 AM   #27
Just started!

OVR: 0

I must say, it's very weird seeing such an article as I have played this game since its inception and first time I am ever seeing my team in one of these articles.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #28
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
If you are going for realism it's 2 top 5 organizational prospects, which turns out to be 2 top 100 guys and a package of lesser prospects probably in the 7-10 organizational range.
I disagree. That is what PHI has been rumored to be asking and nobody is biting - which shows that they are asking for more than the market will allow. I would say 2 prospects that are not the top prospects, like those without top 50 icons - focus on 'B' potentials. You can still get pretty good ones. You could probably get another C prospect as well.

Also, I'd ask in this thread and be specific that you are looking for realism.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-thread.html
Old 06-01-2015, 02:25 AM   #29
Rookie

Creating rookie baseball players for use in MLB The Show: Road To The Show. The Road to the Show (RTTS) mode has quickly become a popular mode, and with that comes an emphasis on controlling a lesser-talented rookie player for an entire career. It’s quite real. But so is franchise mode. With that being said, I’ve come up with a new method for creating baseball players. I start with a new spreadsheet and enter in the ratings of a positional player who emphasizes speed, contact and glove. And then on the row below I enter in the attributes for a player who emphasizes strength, power and arm. Then, I have all the various skills such as contact, power, fielding ability, base running ability listed in each subsequent column. In the last column is the total number of points allocated to each player. When added up in the last column, you’ll see that the attribute ratings awarded to each type of player is fairly equal. It varies for each position, but every player ranges from 500 to 600 points. The attributes will range from 0 to 60.
Keep that in mind when creating your players. This is the most fair and authentic method in player creation on MLB The Show. Come up with a list of fictitious characters you’ve conjured up. Make them from common baseball countries such as the United States, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada, Japan, etc. Envision them playing Major League Baseball. What do they look like? Customize them with a specific appearance, height, weight, uniform number etc. Then assign each player his attributes using the 0 to 60 ratings. Once you have designed a plethora of players in your database then create them on your MLB game. You could either leave each of them as a free agent and wait for MLB teams to sign them or assign them to a team yourself. Personally I prefer to assign every one of my created players to an MLB team. This ensures them of playing minor league baseball right away as they won’t quite be good enough to play in the show right away. They’ll develop in the minors and work their way up, just like real life. Scatter the players around Major League Baseball, and see them flourish and become the superstars of their new teams. You’ll probably feel a sense of accomplishment when these player begin making a name for themselves and making the all-star teams and winning awards and World Series titles.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:17 AM   #30
Rookie

As a Philadelphia native & Phillies fan i luv 2 use my created players based off of anime characters from my favorite animes like Sailor Moon which i use 4 the Phillies,Tokyo Mew Mew 4 the Mets because i luv the Phillies Mets rivalry & Fate/Stay Night 4 the Atlanta Braves.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:33 AM   #31
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37
Sounds like you and I are like minded as I really want Baez on my Phillies team as well. The general consensus seems to be no, but I keep reading articles on how he is the most likely to be traded, not Castro.

I was considering another trade with the Cubs for Schwarber and Edwards but haven't pulled the trigger.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2015, 06:03 PM   #32
Rookie

nyqu1st's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbking26
Do a Cubs one.
That would be way too easy

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »