Home

MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #569
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: MLB 15 The Show OS Community Impressions

Yeah, I just submitted a bug report. Thank you.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 04-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #570
Rookie

Santiago33's Arena

OVR: 3

Have played a dozen games or so since getting the game on release day, (3 daughters and in Outside Sales, shocked I could even get in a dozen games) First off , let me say to Ramon and the entire group at SCEA, wonderful job again. Love this game. Thank you for all your hard work. I, like a lot of us here, am a true lover of baseball and genuinely appreciate the product you put out. Initial reactions:

- Lighting is amazing. Maybe better than real life, hahaha.
- The "Feel" of the game is excellent..like a real game.
- Ball physics are fantastic.
- Overall graphics are pretty incredible. Game is visually stunning.
- Love the licensed equipment. Makes such a big difference.
- I enjoy the game play very much.
- I actually like the change to the Pure Analog.
- Love the TV like presentation feel.
- I still hate the commentary. (I know you guys added a lot, but still bland and repetitive in my opinion).
- Still a bit disappointed with the "comeback code". I've had AI batters hit balls out of the park that Vlad Guerrero wouldn't hit! Though less than previous years.

Overall, this is in my opinion the best version yet. Great job guys. But please (and I apologize if this was mentioned in another post/thread)...what in the world happened to Wrigley Field??? In an early Twitch feed, ( Gameplay reveal from Feb 5th) you guys showed a comparison with a real pic of some of the fields and next to a pic from the game to show how spot on you were to the color/shade of the grass. One of them was Wrigley and you had the the new jumbotron in left, video board in right, Wrigley Field (Budweiser in real life) sign in right...but when I got the game, ONLY some light towers were added to right and left field. What happened guys? You broke my heart. As a die hard Cubs fan..when I watched the Twitched video..I was jacked to see the new changes to Wrigley, only to be crushed when I got the game home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 8.28.48 PM.jpg (142.7 KB, 127 views)
Old 04-23-2015, 12:47 PM   #571
Banned

OVR: 7

I have no complaints overly. It's not uncharted 4 level graphics and player models but maybe in a few years. The game is also kind of choppy. I have a high hertz tv and smoothing controls on it but would be nice if they could get the game running super smooth for once. Gameplay wise and quality Sony exclusives are a step above though imo... MLB The Show is one of the better ones for sure. I wish all games had this attention to detail. It plays like the real thing or as close to it as games go right now. This is the best version of the show too. All the little details really make a difference this year as far as angles on fly balls and just animations are really nice and add to that feeling of being at the ballpark. I also think this years is more fun to play for whatever reason. They seem to have found a better balance between modes and gameplay imo. The Show in the past has always felt somewhat too whatever it is at times.

Also the smoothing controls on tvs might make it look smoother but add button lag and just make it look odd at times and create motion sickness in ways. I usually just leave them off or on weak, because the native framerate of the game and native hertz on these tvs is really what should make a difference anyways.

When I bought this tv that was a big sticking point for me and i compared and watched a lot of tvs that gave the best picture and still feel like i picked the best one I possibly could on my budget. It's a really nice tv but just the inherant framerate of these games and technology isnt up to par yet. It looks great don't get me wrong but I still notice the trails and when the game gets laggy on foul balls etc..

just the cycle of things I guess. Uncharted 4 is due out in about a year. Maybe the Show will look like that in a year too. A lot more player models to get right and on screen at once but it looks great.

It's noticeable because obviously the game running natively vs watching a movie of it the processing going on under the hood just adds to that stuff. The tech is supposed to be there this gen. It's almost there. Still waiting in ways though. Seems to me like the more they push graphics the worse it is sometimes because I play games like GTA that are more last gen and they run smoother because they aren't pushing the hardware as much, are better optimized on the newer hardware etc.. It would be nice if they could find that perfect balance out of the box. It's oh so close. GTA V ran like crap on last gen consoles but runs great on this gen. It's weird like that. Some new games do hit that balance out of the box. Some don't. The Show to me is somewhere between GTA V and Uncharted 4 graphically which makes sense. It's still a top tier game regardless of genre and pushes the envelope much moreso than other sports sims.

Still

Graphics 9
Gameplay 9.5. Add collisions and some more bells and whistles and attention to detail and it would be a 10. The gameplay is just more fun this year. I'm still not sure if errors happen realistically but they do happen. Same with pitch counts sometimes but it gets closer each iteration it seems.
Innovation 7 or 8-Modes and menus and overlays and the entire package just flow together that much better this year. A lot of work was done under the hood and small touches to gameplay. THe franchise ahs moved forward nicely and probably deserves a better score than that but it's more what I expect although excellent is what I expect. It's not mindblowing though like jumping ahead of the curve. It's excellent. The overall presentation and camera angles and everything is really well done this year. The commentary to me is the show. It gives the show it's personality. Some people want something different but different doesn't necessarily mean better. I can kind of understand why it hasn't been changed. It's like madden to me that way. Madden got rid of Madden but i wouldn't say it got better. I wouldn't change it unless they can do something really better with it. The amount of personality and detail in the stands and ball parks are amazing.

8.5-9.0 overall...... I'll give it a 9. The game is awesome. Even underrated. I lie. It is mindblowing. Great job by the people who made this game.

Last edited by celtics6; 04-23-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 10:15 AM   #572
MVP

OVR: 46

So far, so good.
The lighting has been incredible to look at.

The announcing isn't even that bad. Its actually MUCH better. As good as I can imagine it can be.

Franchise mode still is a bit thin for me. I'd prefer manual training with actual training things to do. not just text.

I like the new radio show, but Id' prefer they mention things like injuries etc.

I do not like the presentation taking a backwards step.
- the snapping back into the batters box after pitches.
- these osds went the way of the dodo:
[the trade osd]
[the last start]
[the bullpen warm up osd]
[the upcoming 9th inning batters osds]

I would hope they can update that Upcoming schedule osd. it looks so archaic compared the other osds which are updated. it would be cool to show the teams logo instead of the plain font text.

i love the new additions to presentation like organic batter walk up osds, not always on the first pitch. the in between pitches replays, god those are so good.

overall I'd give it a 8.5 out of ten.

Things that I would like fixed are the fielding wonkiness, franchise mode given some more depth and a new presentation package.

After a few games its easily the best game they ever made.
And they haven't even begun to fight yet.

16 should be something else.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:09 AM   #573
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

eco...on the Radio Show...you will get injuries mentioned.
I forget if they get specific(injury type).

On the topic of the Radio Show....I hope they change a few things up(I'm sure they will)....but if they could do one thing....it's randomize certain things....the standings in particular.
Announcing the standings on the one day makes it drone a little.
Another is to announce a players stats at times. Like when they are sent down or called up.....

I'd give the radio show a solid 6 .....but there is room for so much more there.
I hope they continue to improve it.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 06-04-2015, 11:13 AM   #574
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
eco...on the Radio Show...you will get injuries mentioned.
I forget if they get specific(injury type).

On the topic of the Radio Show....I hope they change a few things up(I'm sure they will)....but if they could do one thing....it's randomize certain things....the standings in particular.
Announcing the standings on the one day makes it drone a little.
Another is to announce a players stats at times. Like when they are sent down or called up.....

I'd give the radio show a solid 6 .....but there is room for so much more there.
I hope they continue to improve it.

M.K.
Knight165
Agreed the radio show is solid. Its a great foundation to build upon and in all honesty is more than I expected this year.

I must admit that I 99% of the time don't listen to it now as it gets repetitive after 150 games or so, but again, its a great start and something I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements upon next year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-04-2015, 11:18 AM   #575
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

This games hasn't came out of the console since I bought it. Granted, it's the only disk out of the 4 games I have but I'm really enjoying the game and I'm glad I bought the PS4.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2015, 04:52 AM   #576

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Its funny how this year I tried out dynamic difficulty/quick counts for the first time and I fell in love with both features.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »