Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (5/31/15)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (5/31/15) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (5/31/15)

I have a feeling Ortiz maybe like Lee and still carry a very high price tag
Old 06-01-2015, 10:01 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by VowedVengeance
I have a feeling Ortiz maybe like Lee and still carry a very high price tag
I doubt it since silver cards have a 42% reward probability vs. only 12% reward probability for golds.

Gold cards are much rarer in this game.

The only silvers that cost above 2,000 stubs are silvers that people are expecting to become gold.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:03 AM   #35
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
any specific tips on that? I always end up breaking even or just getting a few extra stubs when I try
There really isn't a lot too it. Just look for good separation between buy and sell prices and put orders in, update orders when needed. To be honest though you don't even need to update orders that often. Cards sell/buy often enough that you can just put in some orders before you log off and they'll likely go through when you wake up if you don't want to deal with it. For instance I had a Beltre I wanted to sell, but the sell now price was a bit low for my liking, maybe only a 3k profit since I bought him. I put in an order that would get me about 5k before I turned the game off and the next morning he was sold.

But typically you want to sell the card immediately so you can then buy more cards. Say you buy Trout for 65k and the sell now is only 72k when you know he goes up to 77k or higher. Well you can hold onto him, or put him up for 71-72k and make a quick profit. Then turn that around and buy more cards to sell. Time spent with stubs in cards is time you can't be buying more cards.

Regarding the update, a bit disappointing. Nothing will get me to change what players I use, which is what I hope for with each update. Some obvious players overlooked again while some head-scratchers were given upgrades. Like Fowler for instance. They upped his power, but left his contact alone. That to me shows that maybe they make these updates well in advance of when we think they do, because if they rated him right now I cannot see how they would give him an overall increase. His average has tanked in the last week which to me would warrant a downgrade in power from last week.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 06-01-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2015, 10:22 AM   #36
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I grabbed Hanley and Pedroia for about 10K total when Sony put out that 90 overall+ card pack two weekends ago.

I've just been waiting patiently for Ortiz's rating drop to occur before finally complete Boston's collection and unlocking the 99 contact/99 power/98 vision/99 discipline/99 clutch hitting god, Ted Williams.
Be prepared to take a lot of walks with him. I've noticed ppl rather just intentionally walk him or pitch around him. Unless it's a lefty going. He is one of my better hitters. Not the best bc ppl are REALLY careful in pitching to him. Rarely gets much to hit. He is hitting .285 with 20 hr and 65 rbi for me and hitting over 400 with risp.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:28 AM   #37
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I doubt it since silver cards have a 42% reward probability vs. only 12% reward probability for golds.

Gold cards are much rarer in this game.

The only silvers that cost above 2,000 stubs are silvers that people are expecting to become gold.

Or neshek.... Last I checked he was over 3k.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:33 AM   #38
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag_BoomStick
Be prepared to take a lot of walks with him. I've noticed ppl rather just intentionally walk him or pitch around him. Unless it's a lefty going. He is one of my better hitters. Not the best bc ppl are REALLY careful in pitching to him. Rarely gets much to hit. He is hitting .285 with 20 hr and 65 rbi for me and hitting over 400 with risp.
Not when your 99 DD player is hitting behind him with McGriff or Harper after that.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:02 AM   #39
Banned

I've put my DD player in front and Williams behind him with Tulo following, I rake with Tulo so Williams gets a bunch of free passes because they see Tulo and it doesn't work well for them.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:26 AM   #40
Rookie

Beat LA's Arena

As a Giants fan, I saw that Brandon Belt and Joe Panik have both moved up to silvers today. But the one I wasn't expecting was the decrease of Matt Duffy 6 points from a 69 bronze to a 63 common.

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter, as I wasn't going to use the Duffman's card on my team anyway, but I was totally expecting he'd get a slight boost and not a massive downgrade. He has taken over everyday 3B duties with the DFA of Casey McGehee, and hasn't embarrassed himself. He's still hitting a little under .300, but with 22 RBI already. I don't know if he can sustain his hitting stats, but this was the total opposite of what should be expected on the update. No way should he be a common, but at least a mid tier bronze.

Sorry for the rant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »