Home

MLB 15 The Show: Some Tips on How to Throw A No Hitter

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Some Tips on How to Throw A No Hitter within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-29-2015, 08:34 PM   #17

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Some Tips on How to Throw A No Hitter

Took those tips to heart last year... 9.1 perfect innings, but I forgot that there is more to baseball than pitching.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:52 AM   #18
Rookie

Jros22's Arena

OVR: 0
I threw a perfect game online in this year game with Taijuan Walker Vs the Tigers here is the last 2 outs https://youtu.be/wV1EX2BCjp8
Old 05-30-2015, 07:27 AM   #19
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I have had one perfect game in the show series. In Diamond Dynasty mode last year my DD Player Buckeye Cooper (someone I modeled after Satchel Page) got 27 outs against the Cubs at Wrigley. To date it is also my only no-hitter. I think the key is just to play your game. If you start nibbling the corners or change your game too much, you'll tip your pitches and blow it.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:33 PM   #20
Rookie

Seltaeb9091's Arena

OVR: 2
I've thrown two perfect games in my history with The Show... first one was with Matt Cain in MLB 08 (PS2), which also was a World Series winning victory. Second one was with Tim Lincecum in MLB 13 (PS3). Finally got around to adding videos of both to my arena. The Cain one was done on a TV with video outputs, so I was able to capture that one to my laptop. The TV on the Lincecum one didn't have outputs, so I had to make do with my digital camera perched on a hassock.

I remember pitching another perfect game in Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run, and yet my pitcher was *not* named player of the game. I had also found a location in the strike zone in Tecmo Super Baseball (SNES) that the CPU could never hit 99.99% of the time, so perfect games kinda lost their luster in that one after a while.

I almost had a no-hitter in MVP 05 (PS2) before Juan Pierre hit a clean single off of me after 26 outs (a rare error by Omar Vizquel cost me the perfect game). In an older PS2 All-Star Baseball title, he once homered twice (!) off of me, so apparently I didn't hate Pierre in my baseball video games enough as it was at that point.

Last edited by Seltaeb9091; 05-30-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:03 PM   #21
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Just threw my first no hitter. World series game 3. Down 2 games to none.uploadfromtaptalk1433120587151.jpg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2015, 09:26 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
After routinely crushing my 12 year old son in The Show '15, he somehow was able to pitch a perfect game against me a few weeks ago. There was absolutely no sandbagging on my part. In fact, I even attempted an 8th inning bunt in order to break it up, to no avail. I deservedly will never live that game down and, honestly, I'm pretty damn proud of him.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:26 AM   #23
Rookie

Dynasty Legend 99's Arena

I threw one with Jarred Cosart of the Astros in MLB 14 The Show against the Tigers, One of the Hardest Video Game Feats ever. I was one out away from NO-Hitting the Yankees in my Y2Y Franchise with the Stros this year with Alex Wood against the Yankees.

Last edited by Dynasty Legend 99; 06-01-2015 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:43 AM   #24
Rookie

Creating rookie baseball players for use in MLB The Show: Road To The Show. The Road to the Show (RTTS) mode has quickly become a popular mode, and with that comes an emphasis on controlling a lesser-talented rookie player for an entire career. It’s quite real. But so is franchise mode. With that being said, I’ve come up with a new method for creating baseball players. I start with a new spreadsheet, and enter in the ratings of a positional player who emphasizes speed, contact and glove. And then on the row below I enter in the attributes for a player who emphasizes strength, power and arm.Then, I have all the various skills such as contact, power, fielding ability, base running ability listed in each subsequent column. In the last column is the total number of points allocated to each player. When added up in the last column, you’ll see that the attribute ratings awarded to each type of player is fairly equal. It varies for each position, but every player ranges from 500 to 600 points. The attributes range from 0 to 60. So keep that in mind when creating your players. This is the most fair and authentic method in player creation on MLB The Show. Come up with a list of fictitious characters you’ve conjured up. Make them from common baseball countries such as the United States, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada, Japan, etc. Envision them playing Major League Baseball. What do they look like? Customize them with a specific height, weight, uniform number etc. Then assign each player his attributes using the 0 to 60 ratings. Once you have designed a plethora of players in your database then create them on your MLB game. You could either leave each of them as a free agent and wait for MLB teams to sign them or assign them to a team yourself. Personally I prefer to assign every one of my created players to an MLB team. This ensures them of playing minor league baseball right away as they won’t quite be good enough to play in the show right away. They’ll develop in the minors and work their way up, just like real life. Scatter the players around Major League Baseball, and see them flourish and become the superstars of their new teams. You’ll probably feel a sense of accomplishment when these player begin making a name for themselves and making the all-star teams and winning awards and World Series titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »