Home

MLB 15 The Show: Some Tips on How to Throw A No Hitter

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Some Tips on How to Throw A No Hitter within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-29-2015, 10:03 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15 The Show: Some Tips on How to Throw A No Hitter

Pitching a no-no in MLB 15: The Show is a herculean task. To be honest with you I’ve never done it, although I have gotten close throwing a few one-hitters.

It’s something that can be done and many have done it, but for those who haven’t here are some tips that may help you...

Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Some Tips on How to Throw A No-Hitter
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 11:07 AM   #2
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8
I threw a perfect game with Joe Kelly of the Cardinals vs. the Brewers in MLB The Show 13. The biggest problem I've had to deal with is the 19 foul balls every inning that drives your pitch count up.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #3
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4
I've thrown 3 so far in my franchise this season.... the Cardinals. 2 by Wacha and 1 with Waino. Came close to a perfect game with Waino. An error by Wong in the 9th screwed that up. But I tell you what... each time I had to keep wiping my hands..... sweaty palms from the nerves and excitement.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:45 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Two low inside fast ball to get 0 - 2. The high inside cutter to finish them off. This work a lot of the time for me. I had a perfect game last year and three no hitters this year.

If you really want to do it easy, just flip the pitch scene to the batter view. Piece of cake. I Have a perfect game this year from this angle and 19 ks. In the same game. I don't could this as a perfect game because the difficulty seemed easier.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:47 AM   #5
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Some Tips on How to Throw A No Hitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye
I threw a perfect game with Joe Kelly of the Cardinals vs. the Brewers in MLB The Show 13. The biggest problem I've had to deal with is the 19 foul balls every inning that drives your pitch count up.
There's a slider for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 11:58 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
MLB 14 was my first year and early in my first season I threw one with King Felix and at the time I didn't even realize it was happening until the game was over so perhaps that helped not thinking about it because I haven't come close since then (which is how it should be of course ... so I'm actually happy about that).

I will add that it was using Quick Counts when I threw it ... curious for those who've played more than I have if you think it's harder or easier with Quick Counts ... I'd think it's easier using Quick Counts other than dealing with inflated pitch counts that you don't have full control over.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:01 PM   #7
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11
I got thru 7 2/3's two nights ago w/ Aaron Sanchez. Gave up a single up the middle that was just out the reach of Reyes. Usually I start thinking about it after 5 innings, but it was a playoff game and I didn't score until the top of the 7th, so I hadn't put much thought into throwing a perfect game until I got that run. Then just like that, it was over.

Last edited by BROman; 05-29-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 17
I was lucky enough to pull of a no-no with Big Game James Shields last summer.

I think you need to add #11: Avoid collapsing when the CPU tries to screw you, i had a fly ball in the air to RF as the final out in the no-hitter only to have Aoki randomly drop the ball as he was camped under it so technically i had to get 28 outs for my no-no! Aside from overcoming testicular cancer, the deaths of both parents and being abandoned by my wife, mustering up the mental fortitude to get that 28th out ranks high in my life's achievements.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shields.jpg (32.2 KB, 414 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »