Home

GM Connected's Failure Wasn't NHL Fans' Fault

This is a discussion on GM Connected's Failure Wasn't NHL Fans' Fault within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-28-2015, 10:09 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
GM Connected's Failure Wasn't NHL Fans' Fault

Reading into producers Sean Ramjagsingh's and Andy Agostini's statements on why GM Connected wasn't included in the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of NHL 15 or NHL 16, the underlying message coming out of EA Canada seems to be, You (the fans) asked for it. We (the developers) built it. But you didn't play it. So we axed it.

Read More - GM Connected's Failure Wasn't NHL Fan's Fault
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 10:24 AM   #2
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Great article!!!!

2k also offered Flex Scheduling so you could play any games in any order. I know that sort of defeats the purpose of playing a season but at least games got played. Have 4 games vs. one guy? We used to bang them out in one night. less scheduling and more results.

The speed of the mode is what killed me. I will say though, playing coop with my buddies was great but now looks like that option to coop with my buddies in a season online is gone.

Not sure sure about this opening thought. Could have done without that analogy I think.

"EA saw their child emerge from the womb with multiple birth defects, brought her back home from the hospital, locked her in their basement for a few years, and then tried explaining with a straight face that she died of natural causes, when a neighbor asked them "How's little Connie doing these days?" at a town meeting."

Last edited by shogunofharlem3; 05-28-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Broke Box's Arena

OVR: 0
GM Connected was a victim of HUT's financial success.

Great article. I hope they give it another shot. They could learn a lot from their friends on the Madden team.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:37 AM   #4
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4
you are dead on. I hate this excuse that EA and other put out that it is our fault that we don't play broken modes more. I guarantee you that EA will not offer the metrics for the womens team usage in FIFA 16 because it will spike and then fade away but EA will continue to push the rosters and teams out especially if they can spin it into the FUT model.

with connected careers almost all of my buddies and I play our sports games this way. there are 2 or 3 of us that do not play online at all, even FUT/MUT is against the CPU. there are 3 or 4 of us that spend 50% of their sports gaming online, H2H and FUT/MUT and then there are 1 or 2 that play every mode of their game.

we've had NCAA ODs that went 15+ seasons with the max 12 users, Madden CCMs that have been 10+ strong for 3 to 4 seasons, older 2k online associations that went 3+ sesaons with 4 users. yet in NHL13 it was so painful that we made it to the halfway mark with 5 users and by the playoffs we were down to 2 users. not because of lack of want but lack of patience, everything was painfully slow to work through and infact our season still sits with my buddy and I at game 7 of the Western Conference Finals when we both faded and gave up.

even now our Madden 15 CCM is 4 users in season 4 but it is because we have enough control of the CCM that we can effectively move forward when we want to. not because the game is punishing us for trying to invest time in it. heck 1 of the other users and I have a separate online CCM for just us 2 that we burn through for fun when our other CCM bogs down due to work or travel.

it would be one thing if EA were listening to the masses about broken features and there were changes made and the mode still was being used very little... but that is absolutely not the case.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:52 AM   #5
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5
I dont play EA's hockey games, but this articles is amazing!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #6
Rookie

Great article. And nice to see someone stand up for gamers. EA sound like Sepp Blatter, deflecting responsibility when it's ultimately their own incompetence that's to blame.

And even if it isn't incompetence (which I believe it is), all it shows is that they still rely on pie charts and graphs to make decisions... in other words the completely wrong way to go about making a game.

Either way EA look very bad in all this. A PR disaster.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:07 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: GM Connected's Failure Wasn't NHL Fans' Fault

Good write up ! Lack of custom season length and custom sliders hurt the mode for me.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Enough of the Corporate Speak. It doesn't work anymore and we are all tired of it. You know why modes are lacking; We know modes are lacking; so just be open and honest about it. You want to drive people towards Ultimate Team because that ensures more profits, thus ensuring you can be around for future versions.

Just be open and honest. Corporate speak doesn't work anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »