Home

MLB 15 The Show: Rebuilding the Phillies

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Rebuilding the Phillies within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-27-2015, 04:08 PM   #17
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Rebuilding the Phillies

I'm restarting soon with PHI, but I noticed in my previous CHC franchise that due to regression, Lee "falls off a cliff" () after year one...

His OVR takes about a ten point dive, along with attributes across the board...

Has anyone tried to deal him away in Season One?

From the look of things, I'm now considering building a rotation around Hammels, while trying to deal Lee and Papelbon away for prospects in 2015 / pretty much eating the Utley and Ruiz deals and then possibly trying to dump Howard for whatever in 2016...
Old 05-27-2015, 04:13 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37
a C-level prospect is not considered *very high level*...but yeah that consensus from everyone so far is to get anything of value, I'd have to eat salary (which makes sense)...I will not be forcing trades or ignoring budgets...if im forced to stay with Hamels, so be it and the same if I h to accept 50 cents on the dollar for him.....I do agree 1.5 prospects is not enough of a return for him....I'd take one pretty good prospect for Papelbon and run haha.....Asche and Herrera will be given opportunities to stick....im meh on Revere....Franco is definitely staying....Hernandez too...meh on Galvis
I may have not used the best syntax: you can get one really good prospect in the high B range, plus a mid-level C-range prospect, and then you have to eat a big contract for someone on the decline. So basically one reasonably sure-fire future starter, pending normal development and no major injuries, one role player, and then whomever you have to take on contract-wise to make it happen.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:19 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37
so im gunna be using the Phillies and would like an honest, unbiased assessment on the trade value of Cole Hamels...
If you are going for realism it's 2 top 5 organizational prospects, which turns out to be 2 top 100 guys and a package of lesser prospects probably in the 7-10 organizational range.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:25 PM   #20
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I may have not used the best syntax: you can get one really good prospect in the high B range, plus a mid-level C-range prospect, and then you have to eat a big contract for someone on the decline. So basically one reasonably sure-fire future starter, pending normal development and no major injuries, one role player, and then whomever you have to take on contract-wise to make it happen.
gotcha....taking on a bad contract isn't an option....I rather receive a lesser deal in return
Old 05-27-2015, 05:27 PM   #21
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
If you are going for realism it's 2 top 5 organizational prospects, which turns out to be 2 top 100 guys and a package of lesser prospects probably in the 7-10 organizational range.
yes im going for realism......to be fair, since every organization's farm system is different, cant really go by that....I know what you're trying to say though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2015, 05:31 PM   #22
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

i'll stop beating around the bush and reveal the intended reason behind the Hamels question...I was wondering if he is worth a blue-chip prospect (notably Baez)....i'll wait up to the deadline to increase Hamels value if need be....majority of responses have pretty much steered me towards no so I probably should look elsewhere
Old 05-27-2015, 05:34 PM   #23
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I'm restarting soon with PHI, but I noticed in my previous CHC franchise that due to regression, Lee "falls off a cliff" () after year one...

His OVR takes about a ten point dive, along with attributes across the board...

Has anyone tried to deal him away in Season One?

From the look of things, I'm now considering building a rotation around Hammels, while trying to deal Lee and Papelbon away for prospects in 2015 / pretty much eating the Utley and Ruiz deals and then possibly trying to dump Howard for whatever in 2016...
Lee wiil go regardless of Hamel's situation so I am very curious as well...
Old 05-27-2015, 07:38 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37
Lee wiil go regardless of Hamel's situation so I am very curious as well...
I'n my version, Lee is 9-2 at coming up on the AS break with a sub-2.00 ERA. He's absolutely murdering it. I don't think you get a blue-chipper for him, but you might be able to get a role player or a high-C, low-B prospect in return.

I don't see why Hamels would appeal to Chicago, which is building around youth and seems to value the accumulation of assets rather than their liquidation. I suppose anything is possible, but I would see someone like La Stella as a more reasonable target for CHI IF, and if anything, I think Castro is the guy that will go once the Baez and Russell are fully acclimated to the bigs.

Personally, I don't think you have to go trade-crazy with PHI to make them work, and I agree with Geister that Hamels can actually give you either a legit ace or an excellent #2 for several years to come. That's hard to find, so I'd be inclined to keep an asset like that.

I was going to deal him at the break in my franchise, but I'm not 100% sure I will now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »