Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-18-2015, 04:38 PM   #233
Inside The NFL

OhDaesu19's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: 103 Patch Notes

Ok we had two consecutive games crash/freeze in my online league today (four different players involved so we can't pinpoint it to one person). One game one person was streaming and the other game no one was streaming. This is now the 3rd of 4th freeze since that last patch when prior to the last patch we had zero freezes. Could this be a result of the latest patch? Anyone seeing more freezes since the latest patch came out???
Old 05-18-2015, 04:47 PM   #234
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 103 Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Bunts are definitely NOT fixed. Me and a friend were experimenting yesterday and on 3 breaking balls and 3 high fastballs, 4 out of the 6 bunts were laid perfectly down the line on both sides.
So on 6 attempts 2/3 of them were successful? Thats one big sample size there.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:48 PM   #235
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yes....I'm seeing about the same things...about 10%(of bar...not remaining energy) per day off when you pitch the game.
I just did Wheeler...threw 134...HOF pulse....9 innings(forced it really...he should have been out in 7 or 8...DEFINITELY the 9th...he gave up a HR and was completely gassed for the entire 9th)
But by game 5 he was at about 60% full after being at 10% full after his pitch day. He was really spent.

I'd say....that even at 70 or 80 full...you could pitch those guys on the 4th day and be effective. Especially if you use the HUM SP stamina slider for either game 1 or the subsequent games that he doesn't get to 90 or 100% energy.

M.K.
Knight165
You mean 4th game? Pitching after literally 4 days (would be the 3rd game) is not possible, and the 4th game comes on the 6th day. That's still very wrong. Pitchers in real life have pitched on 3 days rest. All I'm asking for is to be able to pitch after 6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2015, 07:36 PM   #236
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
You mean 4th game? Pitching after literally 4 days (would be the 3rd game) is not possible, and the 4th game comes on the 6th day. That's still very wrong. Pitchers in real life have pitched on 3 days rest. All I'm asking for is to be able to pitch after 6.
Yes...fourth game.
Have you tried?
Because you can and still be effective without having your energy bar full.
I've been going back and checking through the past few post seasons.

Last year...even with MadBum's crazy P.S. play.....what do you think the average IP for a SP were?
It's 5.65
I think you can easily go 6 innings per start with any pitcher in games 1/4/7 if you wanted.
I'm guessing that's how SCEA gauged the fatigue and recovery for the USER.
I realize that the 5.65 average is a combo of managerial decisions and pitch performance....but there is no way SCEA can take the decision out of your hand...so they put the onus on fatigue/recovery?
That's my guess.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 05-20-2015, 10:31 PM   #237
MVP

OVR: 3

@All -

Just wanted to clarify one of the bugs I saw in one of these threads/posts...

So if you play at Wrigley Field...if there is foul ball even though its destined to go in the upper deck, it will magically re-appear in play for an automatic out? Basically, is it a 'boundary issue'? And does this happen on all foul balls in Wrigley?
Old 05-21-2015, 12:29 AM   #238
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@All -

Just wanted to clarify one of the bugs I saw in one of these threads/posts...

So if you play at Wrigley Field...if there is foul ball even though its destined to go in the upper deck, it will magically re-appear in play for an automatic out? Basically, is it a 'boundary issue'? And does this happen on all foul balls in Wrigley?
It's not that simple (and if something reaches the upper deck it's not likely to trigger that bug), but yes, that's the basic idea. A fly ball that is hit into the box seat area on either side can warp back into a CPU fielder's glove if he reaches the wall and starts running in place before the ball comes down. The key is how long the ball is hit in the air and how deep into the seats it goes - it does not happen on every foul ball.

Further, if you're playing a normal game you can cancel out the bug by pausing/switching to the CPU team before its player reaches the wall. If you pull him away from the wall manually the ball will stay out of play. Once a catch animation starts it's too late, so you have to identify one of these foul balls pretty quickly.

There's no way to do this in RTTS, of course.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #239
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
It's not that simple (and if something reaches the upper deck it's not likely to trigger that bug), but yes, that's the basic idea. A fly ball that is hit into the box seat area on either side can warp back into a CPU fielder's glove if he reaches the wall and starts running in place before the ball comes down. The key is how long the ball is hit in the air and how deep into the seats it goes - it does not happen on every foul ball.

Further, if you're playing a normal game you can cancel out the bug by pausing/switching to the CPU team before its player reaches the wall. If you pull him away from the wall manually the ball will stay out of play. Once a catch animation starts it's too late, so you have to identify one of these foul balls pretty quickly.

There's no way to do this in RTTS, of course.
Thanks for the info my friend....Its good that there is a 'work-around' of sorts...very peculiar that the SCEA team (even after 3 patches) has not resolved this issue....This has got to irritate the Cubs fans! They gotta deal with 'the curse' and this! What is the world coming to!!!!! I kid...I kid...
Old 05-21-2015, 03:39 PM   #240
Rookie

OVR: 2

Maybe it's it the 'anti Steve Bartman' rule coming into effect...all foul balls, even those far into the stands, shall be caught by the Cubs fielders !

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »