Home

NHL 16: Let's Talk About the Features

This is a discussion on NHL 16: Let's Talk About the Features within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-19-2015, 02:54 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NHL 16: Let's Talk About the Features

At this point, we have now received the major bullet points that EA will be touting this year for NHL 16. The big things that detracted from NHL 15 were a lack of modes and a general rushed feeling everything had off the ice. Clearly, EA is trying to correct those issues this season.

So let's breakdown what we know piece by piece and talk about all this.

Read More - NHL 16: Let's Talk About the Features
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 03:03 PM   #2
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 16: Let's Talk About the Features

MLB PowerPros was a fantastic game, no joke. Nice to see that mentioned, even in an article about NHL 15—er, 16. Yeah. 16. Not what 15 should have been. 16.

I'm sad about the lack of goaltender overhaul, but I'm not disappointed. Never expected it. I think we need more info, specifically gameplay, to judge this game.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:04 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5
So does this mean for sure no create a team or is there a chance they just didn't tout it yet?
Old 05-19-2015, 03:08 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels2121
So does this mean for sure no create a team or is there a chance they just didn't tout it yet?
I would always assume no. It's possible it just wasn't big enough to tout as a "big" feature, but it seems like something you'd want to mention if it were a thing.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:13 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I would always assume no. It's possible it just wasn't big enough to tout as a "big" feature, but it seems like something you'd want to mention if it were a thing.
Crushing for me. Wanted to be Hartford
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 03:23 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

I'm totally disappointed. No GM connected(which we knew). I don't like the new eashl setup with no player progression, I really don't see any point in playing this mode. I didn't see anything about an online playoff/tournament mode or battle for the cup online. It also doesn't mention anything about shorter seasons in GM mode. And I don't play hut. So for me this is the same as last year mode wise. The least they could have done for me was bring back that old barebones online league that was in the game a few years ago. I'll try the game via ea access but doubt I'll buy. We need a new game from another company or a new person heading up their hockey division.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:32 PM   #7
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I'm totally disappointed. No GM connected(which we knew). I don't like the new eashl setup with no player progression, I really don't see any point in playing this mode. I didn't see anything about an online playoff/tournament mode or battle for the cup online. It also doesn't mention anything about shorter seasons in GM mode. And I don't play hut. So for me this is the same as last year mode wise. The least they could have done for me was bring back that old barebones online league that was in the game a few years ago. I'll try the game via ea access but doubt I'll buy. We need a new game from another company or a new person heading up their hockey division.
I have a couple questions, just out of curiosity:

1.When you get the Legend card, do you care less about playing in the past?

2. Are you saying you want online playoffs or online leagues to just play with friends, right?

3. Do you not like longer seasons because you're anti-simulating but want to get to more seasons?
Old 05-19-2015, 03:39 PM   #8
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I disagree on the EASHL progression aspect. It was great for guys who got the game on release day, but anybody who bought the game later in the season was pretty much screwed out of enjoying the game mode because everyone else's attributes are just THAT much higher. This will make it more about your ability/smarts as a player and less about the player ratings of your individual fake self.

That's how i feel about it for drop-ins, though I kind of wish you could progress your player within a club (affecting club v club games only) because then clibs have an incentive to recruit higher rated players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »