Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Stock Watch (5-18-15)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Stock Watch (5-18-15) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-19-2015, 01:04 AM   #17
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Stock Watch (5-18-15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kac
I know it must be hard to rate players but some of these changes make no sense there is no way that Michael Brantley should be rated higher than Kenny lofton he is a good player I just don't see him as a better player than lofton was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kac
Didn't know that still just one bad start he's 6-2 3.86 era 51.1 ip 42k. Compared to garitt cole 5-2 2.40 era 48.2 ip 53k stats are similar he's only one bad outing away from having the same era as colon and I believe colon is only rated a 82
I think a big thing here is youth vs. experience. On some level, you don't know what Cole is, and sure the stuff and everything is better as well which helps. With Colon, maybe his stats are somewhat close, but at the same time, you know what Colon is at this point, you know? He's a really good control pitcher who keeps getting results, but I don't know how much you can push him up or down. Now I know you're saying how is he (I guess 7 points lower than Cole at this point?) but people are still not really sure what Cole is, and his peripheral stats (beyond just W-L and ERA) are super good right now -- including a 2.40 FIP to Colon's 3.60. So I think when you look and see that Cole has his best numbers of his career and was always expected to be really good, he gets a certain cache and boost that Colon probably just doesn't get because he's been around for years and years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kac
Just look how overrated some of the redsox players are Mike naploi is rated a 76 and he's having a horrible season that's not including the crap season he has last year there are guys who have better numbers and had a better season last year rated lower than him
I think with video game ratings in general, you just don't usually see as aggressive pushes down as you do up, which I think is a valid complaint. On some level, you do want more than just the last month or year to matter with overall ratings, but with week to week roster updates it does cloud matters a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickfan2526
How Lucas Duda is still a bronze blows my mind. 30 home runs last year and a good start this year and he's still rated lower than some guys who absolutely don't deserve it
Fair. I'm also shocked Steve Pearce got an update -- just to call one guy out -- as he's really scuffled this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronc524
Yeah some players are outperforming other high ranked players without getting boosts, it makes you wonder.
Sort of like I said above, I guess it's a matter of how much do you weigh "what have you done for me lately" vs. "what have you done over your career" elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDanzaFan
I'm wondering the same thing. What exactly did they upgrade?
Would you guys like me to highlight more of the changes to players in these articles on Monday? I can't guarantee I'll grab everybody, but I generally have a good idea of who could go up or down week to week so I can be more diligent about getting before and after grabs to have to look through when I write this up.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:23 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

Such a ****** for selling Dallas Keuchel
Old 05-19-2015, 01:46 AM   #19
Rookie

pittsburgher86's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
-A.J. Burnett is retiring after the season so not sure how much ratings growth he has, but he's been one of the best pitchers in the NL.
Actually, rumors are beginning to circulate that if he continues to pitch well this year, he may return for another season.
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden State Warriors
College Sports: Pittsburgh Panthers, Penn State Nittany Lions
Old 05-19-2015, 01:54 AM   #20
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburgher86
Actually, rumors are beginning to circulate that if he continues to pitch well this year, he may return for another season.
Yeah? As a Pirates fan I would be down with that.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:19 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
What does Freddy Galvis have to do to get a bump? Hit 4-****ing-hundred?
He should definitely be a Silver right now. Kid has the 3rd or 4th best batting average in all of baseball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 06:46 PM   #22
Rookie

Beat LA's Arena

OVR: 0

I know this is probably bias, because I watch him every day, but I think Brandon Crawford should at least be a high silver card with the way he's been hitting. His defense is still top notch, but he's leading all shortstops in RBI and OPS.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:00 AM   #23
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat LA
I know this is probably bias, because I watch him every day, but I think Brandon Crawford should at least be a high silver card with the way he's been hitting. His defense is still top notch, but he's leading all shortstops in RBI and OPS.
Yeah he shredded the last month for sure. He should at least be a Silver.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:04 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

i think duda deserves an update his gotten no recognition so far he should be way higher then a 76

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »