Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-17-2015, 07:44 PM   #225
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Alright decided against using Kershaw. I would throw 100+ pitches and he would be at like 40% energy every time.

102 pitches, Just under 20% energy left.

Energy after advancing the day to game 2. Just under 30%.

Energy after advancing to game 3 with an off day. Just under 50%. (Gaining 10% back every day??)

Energy after advancing to game 4. Just under 60%. (10% seems to be right)

Energy after advancing to game 5 with an off day. Just under 80% Scheduled to pitch.

So Strasburg gets back 10% of his energy every day. Game 1 was October 8th. Game 5 was October 15th. He would need 2 more days to get back to just under full energy.

Is it manageable yes. Raise the stamina slider and you take care of it if as long as you stay within the same pitch count as you usually would. But we shouldnt have to do that. And 10% back every day is to low. Now maybe that is just Strasburg with his 62 durability? ill try another pitcher and see how it goes.

And it was the same regardless of there being 4 or 5 guys in the rotation.

Yes....I'm seeing about the same things...about 10%(of bar...not remaining energy) per day off when you pitch the game.
I just did Wheeler...threw 134...HOF pulse....9 innings(forced it really...he should have been out in 7 or 8...DEFINITELY the 9th...he gave up a HR and was completely gassed for the entire 9th)
But by game 5 he was at about 60% full after being at 10% full after his pitch day. He was really spent.

I'd say....that even at 70 or 80 full...you could pitch those guys on the 4th day and be effective. Especially if you use the HUM SP stamina slider for either game 1 or the subsequent games that he doesn't get to 90 or 100% energy.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2015, 08:02 PM   #226
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yes....I'm seeing about the same things...about 10%(of bar...not remaining energy) per day off when you pitch the game.
I just did Wheeler...threw 134...HOF pulse....9 innings(forced it really...he should have been out in 7 or 8...DEFINITELY the 9th...he gave up a HR and was completely gassed for the entire 9th)
But by game 5 he was at about 60% full after being at 10% full after his pitch day. He was really spent.

I'd say....that even at 70 or 80 full...you could pitch those guys on the 4th day and be effective. Especially if you use the HUM SP stamina slider for either game 1 or the subsequent games that he doesn't get to 90 or 100% energy.

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah you can work around it for sure. It seemed a lot worse my first time through the playoffs with Yordano Ventura. Id maybe like to see at least 15% of the bar come back every day. I assume its 20 during the regular season.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:10 PM   #227
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Alright decided against using Kershaw. I would throw 100+ pitches and he would be at like 40% energy every time.

102 pitches, Just under 20% energy left.

Energy after advancing the day to game 2. Just under 30%.

Energy after advancing to game 3 with an off day. Just under 50%. (Gaining 10% back every day??)

Energy after advancing to game 4. Just under 60%. (10% seems to be right)

Energy after advancing to game 5 with an off day. Just under 80% Scheduled to pitch.

So Strasburg gets back 10% of his energy every day. Game 1 was October 8th. Game 5 was October 15th. He would need 2 more days to get back to just under full energy.

Is it manageable yes. Raise the stamina slider and you take care of it if as long as you stay within the same pitch count as you usually would. But we shouldnt have to do that. And 10% back every day is to low. Now maybe that is just Strasburg with his 62 durability? ill try another pitcher and see how it goes.

And it was the same regardless of there being 4 or 5 guys in the rotation.
LOL! Either I'm stupid (which is probable) or you are really just not making this easy for me.

Did you play game one (I'm assuming so) or sim it? Now, what does his energy look like on your 7 day scale after simming game one where he presumably threw around the same amount of pitches?

I want to see if playing has a disadvantage over simming.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:12 PM   #228
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Yeah you can work around it for sure. It seemed a lot worse my first time through the playoffs with Yordano Ventura. Id maybe like to see at least 15% of the bar come back every day. I assume its 20 during the regular season.
See my post above.

Are CPU players recovering at 10% in the playoffs also? I want to know if the playing field is equal amongst human and CPU.

EDIT: I'd assume that recovery percentage is identical regardless of whether it's a user team or CPU team. I'd think it would be more likely (if there is an issue) that CPU starters going deep in games may not be losing as much stamina as human pitchers which is why I'm asking for an apples-to-apples comparison.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 05-17-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:23 PM   #229
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
LOL! Either I'm stupid (which is probable) or you are really just not making this easy for me.

Did you play game one (I'm assuming so) or sim it? Now, what does his energy look like on your 7 day scale after simming game one where he presumably threw around the same amount of pitches?

I want to see if playing has a disadvantage over simming.
For that one i played game 1 (only pitched though) and then simmed from the calendar screen. The CPU pitchers seem to be recovering the same every day. But when you sim a game they dont seem to lose as much stamina as if you played it. Need to test it more though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
EDIT: I'd assume that recovery percentage is identical regardless of whether it's a user team or CPU team. I'd think it would be more likely (if there is an issue) that CPU starters going deep in games may not be losing as much stamina as human pitchers which is why I'm asking for an apples-to-apples comparison.
Okay they for sure get back 10% just like user teams. But im getting mixed results with how much stamina they use. Kershaw, Buchholz and Matt Cain have all started on short rest for game 4. Kershaw and Buchholz went 6 innings their first games. Cain only went 1. Id say that is fine for Cain and Kershaw. Kershaw has done that before and its just one inning for Cain. You cant see pitch counts when simming so its hard to see if they really should have been able to. 80 pitches in 6 innings is probably fine for Kershaw. 100+ for someone like Buchholz probably isnt.

Just had David Price pitch game 4 after going 8 innings and striking out 10 his first start.

Some screens

Game 1 Matt Cain went 6 IP, 5H, 0BB, 2K. And he had full energy aad pitched game 4. Energy at start of game 2.

Kershw went 6.2IP, 7H, 3BB, 5K. Had about 80% energy and didnt pitch game 4. His energy at start of game 2.

Adam Wainright went 6.1IP, 6H, 0BB, 5K. He had full energy and pitched game 4. Forgot to get his stamina after game 1 so idk how low it was.

Game 1 of ALCS Tanaka went 8IP, 3H, 2BB 16 K and had this much energy at the start of game 2

Easily could have started game 4 with 90+% energy.

Just from those few examples i think simming energy loss is a bit to light.

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 05-17-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:41 AM   #230
Rookie

OVR: 0

any word on if the issue with offline franchises freezing and deleting was fixed with this bug???? Anyone????
Old 05-18-2015, 09:45 AM   #231
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 103 Patch Notes

Bunts are definitely NOT fixed. Me and a friend were experimenting yesterday and on 3 breaking balls and 3 high fastballs, 4 out of the 6 bunts were laid perfectly down the line on both sides.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2015, 11:03 AM   #232
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 103 Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Bunts are definitely NOT fixed. Me and a friend were experimenting yesterday and on 3 breaking balls and 3 high fastballs, 4 out of the 6 bunts were laid perfectly down the line on both sides.
Playing my RTTS career, I am so far 2-2 with two perfect bunts down the third base line. Both went parallel to the third base line and died exactly halfway between third and home plate. Both resulted in singles as my player reached base before the pitcher could get from the mound to the ball, pick it up, turn around and throw it. In fact, both times, my player was already safe by that time that the pitcher could never even get the throw off as it was already too late. Looks like I'm gonna have to house rule ban bunts in my RTTS career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »