Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-14-2015, 03:34 PM   #121
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It's impossible to prove because the code doesn't exit. There's not one line of code in the game that makes the cpu comeback.
My friend, you're missing the entire point of my argument. Never did I state I believe there is a code that makes either team come back, you're taking this too literal. What I'm saying is that the rallies that are witnessed towards the end of close games can very easily be attributed (rightly or wrongly) to the lack of user control. And that lack of user control is what makes pitches sail for balls when aiming broadway or make pitches sail down the heart of the plate when I'm aiming low and outside. And those pitches tend to get smashed in the later innings when the CPU seems to be more aggressive. And those hits that are now smashed tend to lead to interesting circumstances, whereas MANY real MLB games are not as exciting as Show games. I'm not saying there is a comeback code cut and dry, you've stated enough times that there isn't one for me to believe. What I'm saying is that the circumstances that happen to make games "exciting" seem to be based on randomness and the computer dictating pitch location when missing the meter rather than user skill. Honestly, I've seen too many circumstances where, seemingly late in close games, a pitch down the middle results in a passed ball or a stolen base attempt results in a throw 5 feet wide of the second basemen. And if these circumstances are indeed random, then they are randomly happening too often and at very opportune times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 03:37 PM   #122
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
What about the code that bumps the cpu ratings in the late innings when they are trailing? I know it used to be in the game, is it possible some of that still exists?
I'm fairly certain there is no code to allow for comebacks. What I do see is the losing team getting a bump in aggression coupled with pitches randomly splitting the plate or being called borderline balls that at least gives the losing team a greater chance of making things interesting. Can it be avoided? Yes . . . but not NEARLY as realistically as it should be. Because, believe it or not, many MLB games tend to be boring and unexciting whereas in the Show, almost every game comes down to the tying run being on base at some point in the last two innings.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:44 PM   #123
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
I'm fairly certain there is no code to allow for comebacks. What I do see is the losing team getting a bump in aggression coupled with pitches randomly splitting the plate or being called borderline balls that at least gives the losing team a greater chance of making things interesting. Can it be avoided? Yes . . . but not NEARLY as realistically as it should be. Because, believe it or not, many MLB games tend to be boring and unexciting whereas in the Show, almost every game comes down to the tying run being on base at some point in the last two innings.
Yeah I'm not really talking comeback code either but there was a year they had an actual option you could toggle on or off that did just what I mentioned. That's not comeback code persay but makes the cpu tougher/smarter what have you.

As far as human pitches missing the mark that happens all the time but if the cpu is boosted in the late innings they won't miss those so much.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:49 PM   #124
Rookie

P.A.D great points all around. I am seeing the same stuff as you.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:03 PM   #125
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

I think you're confusing randomness with ratings. If the user is 100% in control of every outcome then ratings are entirely useless window dressing. Surely that's not what you're asking for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 04:03 PM   #126
MVP

Spongedaddy's Arena

OVR: 10

I asked this in the thread for the previous patch by mistake: Has the tag system been fixed? Also, I have fielding assist on and the AI is inconsistent. Sometimes I will get close to the pop-up circle and the AI walks my guy over for the catch and other times my OF will and miss and easy catch even if he is dead center in the circle. Is that a bug, and if so has it been fixed?

Thank you
Old 05-14-2015, 04:06 PM   #127
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

I think some people take the GAME a little too seriously. I'm really glad SCEA improves the game enough each year that it's worth another $60. And they follow that up with patches to fix the majority of the bugs and exploits in the game!

For sure the best baseball sim I've ever played.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:09 PM   #128
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

anyone playing this series long enough know that you cant simply aim in same location the entire game and expect the ball to continuously land in the same perfect location lmao. You must start aiming further inside, higher in the zone/out of zone or lower in zone/out of zone for the ball to locate at your intended target.

Last edited by HustlinOwl; 05-14-2015 at 04:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »