Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-14-2015, 09:47 AM   #105
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

It seems to me that some of the problems with simulated stats and progression need not be problems at all.

While I have no experience working on programming of the complexity found in this game, I do observe that many video games make it a relatively simple process to make adjustments by editing player ratings and sliders to affect gameplay. PC games often allow for more possibilities by grabbing parameter values from notepad files.

I don't see it unreasonable that such functionality could be implemented into this game - sim engine sliders, global attribute adjustments, progression, draft class parameters, etc. Seems that game results in the sim engine and progression mechanisms would be dependent upon multiplication factors which, if we were allowed to adjust, could ultimately take these issues off the table for good, as community members would most likely do the necessary testing themselves and report results as they already do with slider settings.

If the game is safe from breaking when we edit individual ratings, I don't see why such global adjustments would be a problem. Not saying that there wouldn't be issues I don't understand, but it seems a worthy objective considering the amount of complaints that are made on the subject and also that it would lessen the need for developers to devote future time and effort into striking a balance they feel is appropriate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 09:49 AM   #106
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
It's rare but it CAN happen in franchise mode.

I've seen my Yelich pull it off a few times in my Marlins franchise if Stanton (or such) hits a long fly out to CF.

Jean Segura pulled it off as well in my fantasy Rockies franchise.
Has happened to me in RTTS with my created LF. Was playing RF one day, ran back and caught a ball deep in the Right Center gap. Preloaded my throw to the cutoff man. But it went into a casual animation, the runner on 2nd just scored easily by the time the cutoff man even got the ball. No throw to home even.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:38 AM   #107
Rookie

BlueMagic66's Arena

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Did they ever fix the problem with editing player stances during franchise? I thought it was fixed last patch but I downloaded it..restarted a franchise and still am unable to edit stances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2015, 10:42 AM   #108
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
My apologies. I guess it gets frustrating to see people blindly rationalize why things happen in the game when it's clear that there are simply bugs that exist that should be ironed out.
Who on here has blindly defended the issues you're seeing with the game? I'm really not seeing that kind of stuff on OS this year.

Anyway, I actually agree with a lot of what you're seeing, though not everything mainly because I haven't seen it yet (like runners getting two bases on a sac fly). I think at this point we need to make sure our expectations for future patches are realistic. Some of the things people are asking for can't be fixed with a patch. And unfortunately, progression logic is probably one of those things, sadly.

I'm still holding out hope someone at SCEA can sim a single year in Franchise and figure out why the CPU isn't trading anymore. I know it was changed with 1.02 so here's hoping it can still be changed if we see a 1.04.

Let's just try to note what we're seeing and not let our emotions get the best of us. We all have the same hopes in mind and thanks for the detailed list of issues you've noticed.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:55 AM   #109
Rookie

did this patch fix the freezing and deleting issue with the offline franchise file? I would like to start another one but before I do I want to see if this issue is fixed. Everytime i would get past the all star break and finish a user played game, it would freeeze and I would have to restart my system and then the file would be deleted.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:55 AM   #110
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
My guess is that since it's an art asset and not a gameplay tweak or bug fix, it won't be fixed until next year.
unless it's a red seat....
Old 05-14-2015, 11:56 AM   #111
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains

Anyway, I actually agree with a lot of what you're seeing, though not everything mainly because I haven't seen it yet (like runners getting two bases on a sac fly).
This is pretty much all I've been asking for the past few years. Someone to acknowledge that some of us who are seeing these issues aren't crazy and they do exist. They're just MUCH more noticeable this year because the PS4 makes it easy to upload videos. In the past, people would complain about providing evidence. Now that we can, you start seeing people changing their tunes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 01:57 PM   #112
Pro

The "that's baseball" quote so often used by diehard show fans get's very old after a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »