Home

OSFM 2015 Opening Day V.1 Rosters Available Now For MLB 15 The Show

This is a discussion on OSFM 2015 Opening Day V.1 Rosters Available Now For MLB 15 The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-28-2015, 07:46 AM   #305
Pro

Ripner's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM 2015 Opening Day V.1 Rosters Available Now For MLB 15 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle
First, Great Work on the OSFM v.1 roster. It is so much more interesting playing with "real" minor leaguers.

I have a PS4 which the roster works great with. However, I know someone with a PS3. Can this same roster also be used with MLB15 the Show on a PS3? I saved the roster on a USB stick and the folder is labeled PS4. I could change the name of the folder to PS3, but would the game even be able to recognize and use the roster? I assume someone knows the answer to this question.

Thank you.

Karle
The PS4 and PS3 use different save formats so the PS3 user will have to download the roster from the vault on thier PS3 in order to use it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2015, 01:14 AM   #306
Just started!

I have made my own current version of the OSFM rosters, rated the SCEA based on stats from fangraphs from the 2014 season.

It's called "OSFM 2015 fangraph" USER: CTMILLER5

Hitters: Contact based on BABIP, Power based on ISO (Used L/R splits)
Pitchers: H/9 based on BABIP against, BB/9 based on BB/9, K/9 based on K/9, Stamina based on IP/GS.

I also edited fielding stats based on the fans scouting report, which resulted in some drastic changes. However, these changes have been nice for gameplay as I have found some more bloop hits to fall in front of poor defense, especially if you take down solid hit sliders. I would have liked to add in the vision, clutch, and discipline ratings, but I was ready to just go ahead and play the game at that point.

Again, everything was made exactly to the formulas I made relative to the whole league, so there isn't any bias in the roster. The only thing I adjusted was if a guy had an awful awful year, I would adjust contact ratings to a minimum of 35, to at least stay ahead of the farm guys.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:44 AM   #307
Pro

Foo4Everlong's Arena

OVR: 8

Can someone help me? Probably a stupid question, but I'm trying to put Josh Hamilton on Rangers but he's been traded for cash and player to be named later and a fruit basket! My issue is no specific player to trade him with makes getting him on the Rangers difficult. Is there a player on the Rangers that has been released that will make room for Hamilton? I looked in Transactions but don't see anyone recent. Any help would be great! Thanks much! Later
Old 04-29-2015, 10:06 AM   #308
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo4Everlong
Can someone help me? Probably a stupid question, but I'm trying to put Josh Hamilton on Rangers but he's been traded for cash and player to be named later and a fruit basket! My issue is no specific player to trade him with makes getting him on the Rangers difficult. Is there a player on the Rangers that has been released that will make room for Hamilton? I looked in Transactions but don't see anyone recent. Any help would be great! Thanks much! Later
Find the lowest D rated player to trade for Hamilton. If you give me a couple of hours I can throw a player in the vault that can take Hamilton's place on the Angels roster. It's an Angels player in their system you can just replace the D rated player on the Rangers with him and trade that player for Hamilton.

EDIT: Foo check the vault I uploaded Raywilly Gomez to the vault for you. He's in the Angels system.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 04-29-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:55 PM   #309
Pro

OVR: 10

I note that the contract edits have been included in this (and as such im assuming carry over into Milleniums 40man w/SCEA). However as these are the base, can I ask was it just contract length that was adjusted or salary as well?

Also was it done with the in game budgets in mind, ie salaries adjusted down to make the team break even?

For example, maybe im wrong but looking at this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ub?output=html - you have for example Tex' earning 23m per year for 2 years... in the roster it shows as 15m each year.

That link comes from Cots Baseball Prospectus... and in fact alot of the Yankees salaries differ. So maybe there is another site used?

Im no expert and its not a gripe, just wondered if the game is adjusting things etc
Old 05-04-2015, 01:46 PM   #310
Rookie

CologeroNYY's Arena

Any update on the progress of the rosters?
Old 05-04-2015, 03:09 PM   #311
Rookie

Will jorge solers lbs be correct in v2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 04:46 PM   #312
Rookie

OVR: 3

Any thought as to how R.A. Dickey can be normalized? Every time I see him pitch he throws about 90% strikes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »